Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha w 3 GPUs?

I’m new to the group and looking to connect with others who use this motherboard. I’ve looked for many videos or tutorials and have found none. I’m building and experimental rig with 3 GPUs that will be used for Machine Learning/AI purposes and have already purchased the equipment for a liquid cooling system in a Thermaltake HT 20.

First welcome!
Second, what is your question? Which of the Zenith Alphas are you talking about, TRX40 or X399? Is your question you wanting to know if you can use 3 GPUs with it? If so yes you can.

One quick comment. I bought the TRX40 Zenith II Extreme Alpha. It was a great board but when I put in a second graphics card (in the 3rd PCIe slot) it covered the chipset fan and made it run extremely hot and noisy. Because of this, I returned the board and got a Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme instead, which has the chipset better aligned for multiple graphics cards; imo. I have been very happy with this board so far.

Yea I have a similiar issue, my chipset is always around 80°C, if I can find a small GPU with 5+ outputs I will buy one.My chipset fan is always running at about ~2000-3000RPM, doesn’t make much noise though. I don’t have the Alpha as I don’t need the extra powerful powerstages.

Thanks. I have the X399 and have already purchased three GPUs. 2 GTX 1070’s which will be used for processing machine learning training algorithms and 1 Radeon RX580. All three GPUs do fit but the bottom/edge slot covers connectors and I’m not sure I’ll be able to get everything in. I have a PCI extension cable in case I need to relocate the GPU. It’s in a Thermaltake HT 20 case with TT fans and CPU watercooling.

Also, there are no clear instructions on attaching the waterblock to the CPU and the parts don’t exactly match the instructions. I’ve sent a message to TT but thought someone here with the exact same board might be able to tell me how they set up the 3 GPUs and separately, attached the mounting bracket to the waterblock. Installing the waterblock should be the last step before booting her up.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.