ASUS X570 WS ACE with Intel Microchip PCIE Switch/Hub no BAR space, HELP pls

@Blissed

Here’s the settings I’m running with my PCIe Switches, tested with up to 10 x4 NVMe SSDs (2 via motherboard, 8 via Broadcom PCIe Switch), with current motherboard UEFI version 4304:

Some of those options seem to be hidden on my bios but its the same version did you unlock them with AMIBCP?
Also I disabled the intel lan, realtek lan, Sata controller to boot less devices and it seems to work with pci=realloc however I get the cables on tuesday so it’ll take a couple of days to confirm

Seems to be kinda working in unraid, but no vfio binding available - for my use case that isn’t a issue

What BIOS version are you on?

These are the default UEFI options. Please note that configuring certain options to non-default values can add previously hidden options.

The reason for the limited UEFI option set is the used Ryzen 5500 that is Cézanne (APU)-based and not Vermeer (Ryzen 5000) or Matisse-based (Ryzen 3000). The latter two have a separate IO-Die that functions more flexible than the monolithic IO, one example is that AM4 APUs can’t do x4-x4-x4-x4 bifurcation in a single slot, only x8_x4-x4 over two PCIe slots.

I’m using a 5900X on my sample system that was used for the UEFI screenshots.

But that shouldn’t prevent a PCIe Switch from working, tested a Cézanne APU (5750G) that only has PCIe Gen3 to check if it can max out two PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSDs on the x16 Broadcom PCIe Gen4 Switch (it can).

Does your situation change after you explicitly enabled IOMMU (and the available ARI features) with your 5500?

1 Like

Ok only two cables arrived however it seems to work:

GPU’s are also working:

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.