Asus x370 crosshair 6 hero! QUESTION

hi im making i custom mount for my pigtails buit im curious what size of screw would go on the back of the motherboard back io pannel... were the wifi card is.... now im trying to make a custom ALU bracket... but cant figure out the screw sizing... would any1 with this board or happen to know...ty

so you want to know the diameter of the wifi antenna holes on io shield?
if that is what you're asking it is about 6.5mm

no the bottem of the actual pcb theres a little hole... to put a mount for the metal piece

you mean the m.2 mounts?
the wifi slot is hidden under the io cover
gonna grab my manual, I know it has mounts for 3d printed shit.

So the screw diameter is 2mm for both the 3d print mounts and m.2 mounts

yeh i mean if u look at ur motherboard if u look right behind the IO shield where the antennas go... theres a tiny little hole idk the size of that screw

are you talking about that teeny tiny hole near the edge of the pcb?

yeh thats right litterly smack infront of the M.2 CArd slot for the rear IO wifi slot

ok i see its that small screw u were telling me about.,.. NOW who has a TAP THAT SMALL LOL would u happen to know the actual thread size.. so i can ask around for a tap

there isn't a threaded standoff their, I assume a wifi card would be held in w/ the io top cover, the hole itself also looks to be 2-3mm in diameter.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

im trying to not have the pigtails screwed into my pigtails... i want it on the proerpe place so when i take my mobo out or something its not a huge pain in the ass

ill draw u a quick photo on paint

i hope this explains a bit how i wanna make a custom pigtail mount but i need a screw that i can thread into the bracket

Ah, I see

so i need to find a screw to FIT that hole + be long enough to thread in decently...

would something like this work https://www.amazon.com/LaptopScrewsDirect-M2-5x8mm-Schrauben-Tornillo-Toshiba/dp/B00BW3QD3W/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_tr_img_3/131-4854039-5379340?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5XK798TRPZZVCB6ZWJW7

I suggest nylon fasteners

And inulate your bracket if it has to be metal since there isn't a standoff there.

what would be the longest screw that can fit in that hole. it doesnt say any where what the actual gerth is of the screw.

They are m2 and M3 screw so 2mm and 3mm respectively.

and whats the longest u can get them.

Well the link I posted shows 20mm long but since they are nylon you and just cut them with some wire cutters.