ASUS WRX90E-SAGE x8/x8 Bifurcation

Can anyone verify that the Asus WRX90E-SAGE board has x8/x8 bifurcation as an option? The manual seems to suggest that there is only x16, what I think is x8/x4/x4, and x4/x4/x4/x4 (what ASUS calls RAID?), but no x8/x8.

In contrast, the WRX80E WIFI that I have also does not list it in the manual, but my BIOS does have x8/x8 as an option. I also have a WRX80E WIFI II that both has it in the BIOS, and also lists it in the manual. So there seems to be no correlation.

According to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFgDxStELkA there is no x8/x8 as he is going through the BIOS options. Sucks if ASUS removed a feature that was on the earlier version. But he also had an early version of the board, and they may have added it back in a later BIOS update.

Would appreciate any input from current owners (I know there aren’t many).

I would expect 6 of the PCIe slots to have x8/x8 available if it is implemented, because they nerfed the 7th PCIe slot on the 90E compared to the 80E (it is only x8 instead of x16). Not sure why they did that, guess to add dedicated M.2 slots without sharing bandwidth with U.2/SlimSAS instead.

I’m running 13 GPUs on the 80E and would like to transfer that config over to 90E, but x8/x8 is a necessity!

Covered that in the video. Only x8x4x4 is a thing in infinite asus wisdom im sure

There has been no bios update since the video.

Thanks, will wait and watch I guess. Sucks that ASUS didn’t carry it forward from the previous generation.

I can’t even rely on the BIOS update logs to tell me if/when they add the feature. There is no mention of it in the logs for 80E, and yet I know they added it in one of the updates.