ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Raid question

I have a ASUS ROG Strix B550-F, with a samsung 980 pro as the boot drive. I have a pair off hdd’s that I want to put in raid off the mobo, but everytime I turn on raid in the uefi they dissapear. Does anyone know if this version of the MOBO bios only allows nvme raid? or any ideas?

Should be no restrictions.

But why bother since you stated that you have the Samsung 980 pro as the boot drive in windows or linux you can RAID the drives using Windows RAID, Or in Linux using Lvmraid or mdadm depending on your config.

But here are your docs you can see if the QR has any good setup info in that Doc.

Plus on the linux side you can move it to another machine and not worry about the MOBO changes and it will still work … Windows will take a little fiddling but you can also do it …

I just want to use it as a windows daily driver backing up to 2-8tb drives in raid that I cross sync with a synology nas. I have the manual, but it’s not playing nice when I put sata mode in raid. I guess I can do it in software, but was hoping to drop down a level.

I would recommend using the software raid you are not going to see a performance from one way or another since the overhead is still CPU bound doing it either way … The only way around that is getting a real raid card.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.