ASUS ROG Hero VII Wifi BIOS Update Question

Hey folks,

I successfully updated the BIOS on my ASUS ROG Hero VII Wifi last night. This was to BIOS 3004.

I was just wondering if anyone else has done this update? I noticed during boot I get a weird screen for about 1 to seconds that I never saw before.

The screen is black with an underscore " _ " .

it eventually boots up, and doesn’t seem to be a problem, but just wondered if anyone else noticed this.

1 Like

I have not personally updated my C7H yet - even though I have a 3800X in the box waiting for it. So kudos to you for taking the plunge!

What I can say is from posts on the ROG Crosshair VII overclocking thread at overclock.net - it is not an issue. If I recall correct whats happening there is discrete GPU detection/initialization or boot order detection but I could be 180 out on those. Either way it is not an issue - unless it never gets past that …

1 Like

thanks for the heads up, I had never messed around that site before, but it looks rather informational so it’s in my bookmarks now!

as for the update, it was relatively easy, I just popped a usb stick in and did the bios update through the easy bios update screen in the bios.

I did not use the bios usb slot, I just used a regular usb slot, but it didn’t seem to matter.

Funny thing is, I only did this update due to stability issues after upgrading to the latest linux kernel (I’m still rocking the 2700). It appears after linux kernel 5.3 I started noticing random lockups and screen freezes, so far so good, but further testing to see if the system is solid now.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.