Asus ProArt B550-Creator Thunderbolt Problems

I just built 2 identical systems with this board Ryzen 9 5950X processors and MSI GeForce 3070 Ti. I got this board specifically for the TB feature. I have a 10Gbs Sabrent TB3 ethernet adapter and a Blackmagic UltraStudio Express TB2 to connect. When I first started I was on the 0403 BIOS and could not install the TB setups after reading many posts saw to update the BIOS so I did to 2403 and I could indeed install the TB drivers and both devices were working fine! I can reboot and the devices continue to be seen and function.

However as soon as I unplug one of them then that device stops being seen even on reboot. In device manager the TB Controller - 1137 is there and functioning as well as the HSA and Toast Component. I uinstall the drivers from Device Manager and try to re-install and same problem, works once but upon unplugging, nothing. I then updated to 2404 BIOS and again TB works once and remains stable as long as I don’t unplug them. Once I unplug either it’s game over. I’ve tried all manner of uninstall/reinstalls, downgrading the BIOS, installing from the DVD, installing from Crate. I even found one post with newer TB drivers (1.41.1094.0) and again everything will work once. What am I missing?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.