Asus PRO WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI RGB control only on top 4 slots

Hi, none of the RGB software I’ve used will recognize and control the bottom 4 slots of this motherboard. The ram is recognized in the bios and CPUZ but only the top four slots can be RGB controlled. Before I return the motherboard, I was wondering if anyone else is using rgb ram and if the software sees and controls all slots or just the top four. I’m suspecting it has something to do with the software not written to recognizing 8 channel and set up only for four. I will be replacing the ram with ecc and so it doesn’t really matter but just checking to ensure the Motherboard is okay. Thanks in advance for any help.

Motherboard is OK.

No RGB software is written to deal with 8 channels of epyc/TR pro.

Thanks plenty. It’s a relief not living in fear of potentially needing to take this monstrosity apart. For those wondering, I did set the ram on top to a solid color and move them down to the bottom four slots but if you try to set them at color shift or rainbow, they eventually start doing their own thing by being out of sync.

this has changed with the newst bios and crosair icue will see all 8 sticks

1 Like

Thanks but you need to update the bios and the BMC firmware at the same time. For the life of me, I cannot access or update the BMC firmware. There is no mention of anyone on here having any problems doing this. This is what I get for venturing into server territory, I suppose. Throw me that dunce cap now! There is nothing in the user guide covering the BMC firmware. I have this link,
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1046149/
but it does nothing either. I get the ip address through the bios, enter the ip into the webrowser and the browser ASMB9-IKVM interface does not materialize. I will update this when I can figure it out for my fellow dunces…

2 Likes

BIOS 0504 (2021/06/22) refers to firmware 1.13, but support page only shows firmware 1.11?
Is 1.13 necessary? Available?

Pro-WS-WRX80E - HelpDesk - BIOS

I see FMC firmware 1.13 on the support page, myself. I updated to the latest bios but can still not figure out how to access the BMC web interface to update the 1.13 firmware. DOCP is now supported but, although I can set my Corsair Dominator RGB speed, the system hangs after doing so. Works fine at JEDEC 2133 timings but not at the DOCP, so, I figure you still need supported ram for this motherboard. Also, the ICUE software does not recognize all slots for RGB control. Perhaps not updating the firmware is the cause for this. Everything works fine with my ECC 3200 ram back in it.

Through the web browser, I can now access the IPMI simply because I failed to enter the ’ HTTPS// ’ before the IP address that I obtained through the server management section in the bios.

https//yourIP

I used default admin for user and default admin for password. I updated the firmware but still need to check if it helped with DOHC and RGB slots.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.