Asus Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II

My answer is no. There are ways that TR Pro 5000 CPU series can be overclocked on the V1 board. But I must also mention that they seem to me not practical and real ordinary OC. So the best thing for me to do for better performances is just overclocking RAM.

Now I am going to rebuild my 5995WX system with something new, of course, like the V2 M/B, etc.

1 Like

Thank you @Namth, really appreciate your reply.

May I ask a dumb question, how hard is it to move a system to a new motherboard? I’m this case from a v1 to a v2?

Do you just carry across all parts and setup the bios the same way and it works or is it harder than that?

I’m not sure if it’s worth the change for us as our cooling system won’t handle higher cpu temps but I’ll watch with curiosity :slightly_smiling_face:

1. It’s not a dumb question. Simply, you need courage for a new build and more experiences of acutual building a computer.
    In my thought, Building a computer is not difficult. If one is not familiar with it, I’d like to recommend reading the manuals carefully and repeatedly. And, before actual building, many trial thinking of the build will be helpful.

Hmm, for air-cooling build, I have no adivces. For AIO, do not remove the seal of cold plate before an actual installation. For custom water-cooling, always rotate rotary-angle adapter clock-wisely and work hard sanding & debugging for hard tubing.

1. My rebuilding will include changing the case, installing a new hub for T-sensors, upgrading the power, and altering the customed water-cooling, etc. Here is an example of the current my computer.

Since the v2 M/B allows to overclock my 5995WX, BIOS setting will be changed naturally. Moreover, I will include spot cooling fans for VRM & chipset parts even though a moderate OC will be taken. If I use a monoblock for the v2 M/B, no spotcooling will be needed.

The above process is not difficult and the only obstruction is my lazyness :slight_smile:

1. Since I don’t understand what is your workloads, more careful recommendations(?) may be taken.
  • Building a computer is not hard.
  • Never use a brutal forces during the build.

For cooling methods, adding an air conditioner is the best of the best >…<)b Currently, I don’t have concrete understandings for overclocking the Threadripper Pro CPU such as VRM temperatures, characteristic features of my 5995WX under changing voltages, reconciling the full EDC limit of OC Threadrippers, stabilities of my workloads under various OC’s, etc. So, I cannot recommend any cooling methods for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.