ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE future overclocking

So I was thinking, the ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE was one of the first wrx80 motherboards and in several places its mentioned that it does not support overlocking and or pbo…

Im just wondering what y’alls opinion is on this, since the marketing material boasts about a solid 12 power stages etc… and overall the board seem pretty solid…

what are the chances that asus will enable these “overclocking” features through a bios update in the near future ?

Earlier today i had to buy a board, i bought the asrock wrx80 creator because RIGHT NOW i know it’ll wring the most performance out of the wrx5975 i intend to buy. my first choice was infact actually the asus board…

Since these are low volume parts, I think the chances of ASUS enabling PBO support via an updated BIOS are very low.

I did take the opportunity to complain about it in my recent purchase review to ASUS, so you never know. If enough people demand it, and sales drop as people purchase the newer Asrock and MSI boards, they may feel the need to provide support.

I have been told by Asus that they have no plans to enable PBO on this board as it requires additional hardware that is not on the board for it to function correctly.

It wouldnt surprise me though if they bring out one with additional hardware and PBO functionality… At a higher price of course… lol.

1 Like

I thought PBO is pure software/firmware thing. For a 999 board it cannot do PBO like a 99 board and missing some parts. Strange.

Yeah I also call BS, on the Asus marketing blurb they brag about a ton of power phases etc … now let’s put that to use … In convinced it’s a bios thing .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.