ASUS Pro WS WRX80 SAGE WIFI II improved cooling fan for chipset?

Greetings Level1Techs:

I am preparing to build my new desktop using the ASUS WRX80E with TR Pro 5965wx. I am so glad I found this forum which is server/HEDT oriented, rather than mostly gaming/RGB. I am tired with lack of PCIE lanes on mainstream motherboards. The information I have found here is technical and hard to find elsewhere.

Looking at the screen cover over the chipset fan on the WRX80E, I am wondering if this has a tendency to collect dust and is hard to clean without removing the 4 screws and blowing air through the screen and into the heatsink fins.

I was thinking of making a duplicate cover from sheet aluminum and punching a 30mm or 35mm hole and mounting a fan like the following to replace the original fan, but on the upper surface of the cover rather than beneath it. It would be above the position of the original fan. It would blow air down toward the motherboard which should divert some air flow laterally into the heatsink. I could insert a duster straw into the space beneath the fan and blow out dust without removing the cover first.

The PWM header for the chipset fan is underneath the M.2_3 socket:

I am wondering if you think this modification would work well and is worth the effort.

Thank you.