Asus Pro WS W680-ACE: which ECC RAM works well? (the QVL shows none)

I’m considering building an Asus Pro WS W680-ACE system with 64GB ECC RAM (2x32GB). Default settings, no overclocking.

But the Asus QVL for this motherboard (and their other W680 boards) shows no choices.

Would appreciate learning which brands/models work well on this motherboard.

Thanks.

The ASUS memory QVL list is a little finicky, you need to select the correct CPU type in order to get the ECC memory to show up on the site:

1 Like

Thank you, twin_savage.

Before posting on this forum, I chatted with Asus support, who also found no choices, and escalated the question to their next level.

Apparently it’s necessary to select “13th gen (K/KF)” or “12th gen (K/KF)” to see the choices – which is strange because Intel shows the i7-12700 as supporting ECC, and the W680 motherboard user manual doesn’t require K or KF (at least I didn’t find it).

Also weird is that the user manual claims ECC support on the specs page, but later in the manual says: “You may install 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB and unbuffered non-ECC DDR5 DIMMs into the DIMM sockets”.

In any case, thanks for showing how to display the list.

I’ll contact Asus to see if K/KF is really a requirement.

I think your best bet on figuring out which processors support ECC memory is actually wikipedia.
All the bolded CPU skus support ECC memory:

I’m pretty sure that these value are just pulled off of Intel ARK product page, but wikipedia puts them all together for easier viewing.

I think that’s very likely, seeing as it’s just setting ECC Memory Supported = Yes in ARK and copying the hits. Intel has a support article with the link.