Asus Prime x470 Pro NVMe M.2 RAID 0 Performance Slow?

Howdy all,

I created a RAID 0 in windows for gaming/fun (don’t mind if it fails) and wondering why the performance is lower than expected. I used RAIDXpert2 with 2 x SAMSUNG 970 EVO drives with the latest firmware and drivers from AMD.

Anyone with the Asus Prime know the x470 Pro bios settings for RAID? I think I did set the PCIe(?) setting in BIOS for RAID but I need to check.

I do plan on SLI in the future and OCing but currently nothing is overclocked. How much will this impact performance?

Thanks all!

RAID0

What were you expecting, how are they connected?(ie what lanes)

Seems pretty in line with his results

I should have mentioned that I am using one SATA SSD for Windows.

The NVMe drives are using PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slots and have it set to PCIe RAID Mode. Looking at the manual PCIe RAID mode sets all three channels to 4x.

I will take a look at the video. Thanks, mutation.

1 Like

This is crazy results from my Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB drive. Using SAMSUNG Magician I set the single drive to RAPID mode and it is giving insane speeds. How in the world is this possible? It beats the RAID in every way. This must bypass how the testing is done as transferring files tops out the drive at 500MBs as it should. Well, it was fun messing with but I am going to put the OS on one drive and games on the other.

Thanks again for the help!

SSD|498x550

EVO850NANDSSD

Need more direct to CPU lanes? x370,470,570 only have one direct m.2 slot right? the other is shared bandwidth with other stuff?

It uses RAM as cache that’s why it’s insanely fast. If you turn off RAPID you’ll get SATA speeds that are realistic and, in my opinion, a much more stable system since, in case of a power loss, you’re not going to lose as much data and make the recover from the error much more difficult.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.