Asus or Gigabyte?

im planning on a computer build and i am stuck with these two brands to pick on. (asus or gigabyte)

i set my eyes on the gigabyte 990fxa ud3

but then i was looking at the asus m5a99x evo r2

and i can really tell which is better or if there is a difference.

can you help???

im going with the AMD option. 

Do not go for the gigabyte 990fxa ud3.  https://teksyndicate.com/forum/motherboards/gigabyte-ga-990fxa-ud3-rev-30-stay-away/139832

Asus, but its a bit depending on what you are willing to spend for a mobo. and ofc which cpu you gonne use.

but i recommend a asus board. if you can afford the Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 is ofc a very great board, but its not cheap. also a very good board is the Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 6+2 powerphase and digi vrm´s.

Also the M5A99X evo R2.0, is the same board as the pro but, it hass only 20 pci-e lanes, instead of 40 on the pro, the M5A99X evo is not realy made for multiple GPU setups.

So i personaly recommend the Asus Sabertooth or the Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0.

The gigabyte is not realy a great board, if you plan to use a FX8320/8350 on it, and you want to go into overclocking, this board has very well known issues with overheating, northbridge chip, and also overheating vrm´s, that causes voltage throtteling, and that will result in unstable overclocks, i would stay away from that board. also the bios, is crap.

Grtz Angel ☺

I have friends with both of these boards and I have built a system with the sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and it is top notch. I have also used asus boards in my personal system and they are creme of the crop In my opinion.

I have a gigabyte UD3 board. It sucks for Overclocking. Can barely get my ram to run at full speed.

The Asus board is a much better option. 

Both brands are great in there own ways but imo i perfer Asus

well im not really planning on getting 2 gpus. only one. asus hd 7850. 

because again it comes down to your budget. but i guess i could allow acceptions. 

so say i got the EVO, would it be alright if i had a sound card, wireless pci adapter and the asus hd 7850 gpu? 

if you never plan to go on a multple GPU setup, then you  absolutely fine with the Asus M5A99X evo R2.0, you can run a CF setup on the evo at 8X instead of 16X on the pro. thats the diffrence.. for a single gpu setup it doesnt matter at all.

alright. thanks :) 

shit you seem to know a lot for a 16 ear old 

The VRM design on each board might be a little different too depending on the model. 

Haha thank you.. :)

So does the high end Giga suffer from the same issue?

you mean the Gigabyte UD5 ? or UD7?

About the UD5 i can tell you to stay away from the rev 1.00 board, this one is also missery.. the bios is crap..(but gigabyte came allmost every month with a new bios for this board..) maybe they solved that problem with a bios update i´m not sure. this board also voltage throtteling issues.. as far as i readed user reviews. most of them where not very positive.

Msi and gigabyte make great intel boards, but about theire am3+ boards im not very enthusiastic

i realy still say go asus or Asrock extreme 9

Grtz Angel ☺