Asus C6H Q code 55

Had this lovely motherboard for 1 and 1/2 years now, but one day due to a power outage this poor board doesn’t POST anymore. CPU Light is kept on and the Q code 55 kept showing up despite using one RAM stick or even other types of RAM. Upon taking the motherboard out from the case and checking the CPU I realized that (If I’m correct) a resistor near my CPU socket has been burnt, does anyone know if this may be related to the Error that I’m having. If it is, is there any way to replace it by myself?

Specs:
Motherboard: Crosshair VI Hero (No-Wifi)
RAM: Trident RGB 3200mhz 16GB(2x8)
CPU: Ryzen 1800x
Cooler: Corsair H100I
GPU: Asus GTX 1070 OC edition
SSD: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO, 250GB 960 EVO
PSU: Corsair HX850i

IMG:

(Don’t know if I posted it right as this is my first time :slight_smile: but pls help me I really need to fix this if possible)

That does look awful suspect. I am no expert but, the traces appear to be headed into the CPU socket and that 55 error generally refers to a memory issue but also may mean you need to re-seat the CPU. So, yes it would make sense, that coupled with your CPU debug light is lit - you found the problem. As far as replacing surface mount components it can be done but you need better than the average soldering skills and decent soldering iron. Combine that with the fact if you had a power surge that took that component out - what else may have happened that you can’t see? Me, I’d probably replace the motherboard and be prepared that CPU might also have suffered some damage.

I feel for you - it sucks big time. I hope it’s just the board or, that someone will come along and say that I’m an idiot and that its not hard to fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.