Asus C621-64L - non "blocking" cooler

Hey!

Currently, I have the Noctua NH-U12S on my C621-64L, but it blocks the first PCI-E port. I desperately need that port now, so what options do I have? I need something silent, its not a server, it’s my workstation…

Any chance for you to rotate the cooler 90 degrees? Brackets should be included.

NH-U12S TR4-SP3 is not to be confused with the cooler missing the TR4-SP3, which can be rotated. I missed that hint…

Cool! I have to check the box the cooler came in! That would be awesome.

LGA 3647 uses a carrier frame to attach the CPU to the heatsink, and heatsink to the socket. I don’t think you can actually rotate them (the Process-Heatsink Module can only be mounted in one orientation). Noctua listed all their compatibilities with C621-64L as overhangs the top PCIe slot, even with Noctua NH-D9 DX-3647.

Heatsinks with 80mm fan (e.g. Dynatron B14/Silverstone XE02-3647N) are likely going to blow the air from the top PCIe slot upward to the top of the case, so it’s likely not ideal either (not to mention the noise, given it’s 80mm fan).

I think your best bet is to go with an AIO or a waterblock (e.g. Alphacool Eisbaer Pro HPE Aurora 360)

My thoughts as well. If you are an experienced water cooler, hardlines and water block will give you best performance, but the AIO is an excellent compromise. Much easier to install.

The subtle difference of U12S and U12S TR4!

You are off course correct that it can not be rotated.

1 Like

AIO seems like the ‘last’ option; I have an idea - I’ll test it during Christmas week, and I’ll report back. But yeah, should have read the Noctua webpage earlier :joy:

Well. Just a quick update.

I ordered an AIO but was not too convinced that this was the best solution for my problem. I checked the interwebs and found out that a guy already bent Noctua heat sinks. I talked to him, and we agreed to bend a heatsink for my workstation.

3 Months later, finally! :partying_face: