ASRock X570D4I-2T

so it does or does NOT come with sata occulink cables?

that seems HOT for a NIC!

Look here! :slight_smile:

Confirmed having one oculink to 4 sata breakout cables.
There is also a setting in the BIOS that goes with it.

And for those who care, the board DOES support SR-IOV. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i wonder how dangerous a bios raid 10 or 5 would be over a real deal raid card. i’d think a raid 10 w/ a raid card with 4x 12TB Iron Wolfs would come closer to actual 10G speeds though

What RAM did you use in the board?

Since I can’t post any links, search for “9SIA7S6BAF9355” on Newegg. You can also buy that set off of manufacturer website.

Ah, the Nemix stuff; yeah, the 128 GB kit (which I’m sure is just equivalent to two of the above part number) is what I’ve been looking at. Just wondering if there were any other options I hadn’t discovered.

Nope takes a ton of rust to saturate that. My 8x3tb pool never could would only get to like 800ish if i remember.

Very nice. I’m jealous! :wink:

I’ve decided I need more PCIE slots though, so think I will wait for the X570d4u…

Anybody with this board able to get ECC working? I have 128GB of Nemix M474A4G43MB1-CTD ECC memory, but despite me manually enabling ECC in the BIOS, Proxmox doesn’t seem to think ECC is working. I’m also having instability issues with Proxmox randomly freezing or kernel panicking. Not fun :frowning:

Edit: Also, I increased memory voltage in the BIOS from 1.2 to 1.35 V, but it seems to have no effect, as the board’s memory voltage VCCM sensor shows 1.2, and Proxmox shows 1.2V as well.

1 Like

with gigabit i’m topping out at 111 MB/s, my unRAID in my other lab can hit a little more than that i think. those are crappy drives.

what’s weird is on my DAS which is kind of crappy 4 of them in raid 5/6 or 10 tops out at about 220 MB/s about 2 gigabit but, over the network i get 11MB/s OR 111MB/s ieither a drives is dying or the crappy little ages old DAS can’t take the heat.

EDIT: so i take it there are ECC DDR4 SODIMMs then?

I’m using 4x of KSM26SED8/16ME and all is fine and stable. ECC is “on”, as far as I can see, and I did touch any memory settings in BIOS.

i’m guessing there is no getting better timings with ECC?

How are you verifying that ECC is on? Is there a linux command you can run or some sort of memory test?

Do you have any information on the power draw of the system ?

I just got this board installed. Ryzen 9 3900x, 32GB Crucial RAM, Seagate FireCuda 520 SSD. With nothing else connected, I get STB power to the board but cannot power on the system. Currently working with ASRock support via email, but would appreciate any input from those who’ve successfully configured a system.

So i Just built my own first home NAS Server using this board. There was only one seller here down under, I got one of the 6 they had ordeed in, took a few extra weeks to arive. And i had to order all the parts from 3 differnt places :frowning: so way too much postage.

MB: Asrock X570D4I-2t
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Ram: 4x Kingston KSM26SED8/16ME 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 ECC CL19 SODIMM 2Rx8 Micron E
PSU:Corsair CP-9020182-AU 600W SF 80+ Platinum Fully Modular 80mm FAN SFX PSU
HDD: 8x Seagate IronWolf 4TB NAS HDD
CASE: Silverstone cs381b
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100x ( not much sapce in this case or on this MB ofr big air coolers)

Can any one help me get the IPMI working, first time i have had a board with the feature, there is little to no documentation on how to set it up. I have tried both setting the ip and making it dhcp on its nic. no luck cant browes into that ip or when i scan in the ip range no new ip’s show up. anything im missing in the bios?

2 Likes

Not sure if that’s the proper way to do it, but I used dmidecode:

root@pve:~# dmidecode -t memory|grep ECC
Error Correction Type: Multi-bit ECC

It’s not always mentioned in manual.
Had some interest in the EPYC3101D4I-2T but nothing in the manual about bifurcation .
I contacted them, and it turned out that it is supported as expected (as I already had the X470D4U2-2T that does, just to be sure)
They send me these bios screen dumps.
EPYC3101D4I-2T-(1) EPYC3101D4I-2T-(2)

2 Likes

I added some 30x30mm fan on the NIC heatsink of my Asrock X470 board and gave other 10GE NICS similar active airflow as expected.
That X550 runs 52/54C without fan. on that board even when the system is shutdown.
Thermal specification X550:
https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getcontent/333369#page=1177

1 Like

Yup, it finds nothing when I run that :frowning:

1 Like