ASRock X570 Taichi & Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G powering on but not booting

I just finished my first build and it powers on but the screen does not display anything (components below). I have the HDMI cable plugged into the motherboard HDMI socket. I am unsure if it is a BIOS problem - the sticker says I have version 3.6, while the support for the Renoir APU was implemented in version 3.2. I think that means I should be good on that front. Before figuring out I was shipped version 3.6, I tried to flash the BIOS with version 3.2. The BIOS light turned solid green after it was finished, indicating the update didn’t take. There is not displayed an error code on the motherboard, only 00. Anyone with experience with an APU and ASRock X570 Taichi that might have experienced similar problems?

Components:

ASRock X570 Taichi

Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G

2x G.Skill 16GB 3600

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

4x 6TB EXOS

1x MP510 240GB

I think 00 is bad. At least on asus and gigabyte boards 00 is bad sign. Try moving memory around and clearing cmos. Try every combination. One stick at a time in each slot. Pull cpu and double check for bent pins.

Sounds like a borked BIOS and/or BIOS settings. See if you can do a flash to latest BIOS; your CPU is quite new and the motherboard might potentially not support it yet.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.