ASRock X570 Creator & Phantom Gaming x570 TB3/ITX Perfect Settings

Iommu is touchy right now – it changes from agesa to agesa

Enable pci acs and iommu for best grouping but the killer awesome iommu groups seem to also be related to whea errors from nv cards

Hey @wendell , or any other owners of the X570 Creator - Have there been any updates on the IOMMU front given the release of bios 1.7 and 1.85 from ASRock?

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m new here. Sorry to resurrect this thread. I need to somehow make 4x16gb Memory work on an Aorus Master - or pick another board that can handle 64GB memory with a 3950x. There in lies my problem. I’ve been researching compatible Memory for the Aorus Master on their QVL/Google/Reddit and am having a really hard time finding anyone with success using 64gb. None of the Gskill Neo sticks seem to support 64gb configs in this boards QVL.

Reading this thread I’m also gleaming that the Taichi is unique board in the sense that it uses this T-Topology ya’ll mention, which is better for 4 Dimms as opposed to most others having Daisy Chain. What are my options for other boards?

Some Preface:
I work as a VFX artist, but I’m a novice at building, this will technically be my first. I am in the midst of ordering parts for my 3950x build (have CPU en route). My primary usage out of the machine is Adobe After Effects, which prioritizes single core performance in app, however, its possible to utilize all cores while rendering using third party plug-ins. My workflow deals with stacks of high res alpha video layers and simulated effects from plugins all needing to be simultaneously processed per frame. That eats up enormous Drive Cache and Ram. As much as you can feed it. That being said, having ample Memory is important. So is stability, so wont be overclocking anything. I’m open to getting ECC, that would probably be best practice, but I was curious to get consumer grade 3600 gaming memory at 64gb

Like I said, I’m open to even switching boards if need be. Although I do like the Aorus Masters features if I can get it to work with 64gb. Would T-Topology greatly benefit me?. I was initially torn between these three boards.

The Prestige Creation and Aorus Master for their 3+ NVME options or the Asrock Master for its TB3 and 10GBe. I chose to save on unproven features and stick with what would matter in my VFX workflow, high I/O drives. So the 3x NVME Aorus Master should have been fine. But like I mentioned, I need to satisfy After Effects hunger for memory. Hence concern over 64GB compatabiltiy and Daisychain vs T-Topology.

For example: Running Multiple instances of ‘Background Renderer’ will absolutely make use of each ounce of memory, as it will be divided up with each available core, each Background Renderer instance tackles its part of the shared renders. In other words, more cores/threads, need more memory.

How do I do this with a x570/3950x ? I thought the boards supported up to 128gb?

Not sure if you found the IOMMU groups yet for the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX TB3 mobo, but I found them here:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
As Rexar asked 2 months ago, now that BIOS 2.0 is out-

Does anyone know if the IOMMU groupings for this motherboard (asrock x570 creator) have gotten any better with the latest BIOS (2.0) which comes with AGESA 1.0.0.4 Patch B, released December 9th 2019?

The only other three boards I’m aware of which come with 10GB are the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS XTREME (which is ~$200 more), the MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION, and MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE - but these apparently lack thunderbolt and are also EATX, where the asrock board is still an ATX and none of them come with 8 sata ports. Asrock Aqua requires liquid cooling and is priced accordingly - this would be the perfect board for me but I need good IOMMU separation first (which is the most difficult to determine when shopping!)

I’ve been researching for days and have not been able to turn up anything specific to this mainboard.

Thanks to all!

Unfortunately i cannot really help you in regards to the iommu group situations,
on that particular board and said bios version + ageesa version.
I’m not sure if Wendell still has this board in house, so you might want to,
contact him and ask that specific question.

But still regardless of the above iommu group situation, which can differ per bios + ageesa version,
If you want a X570 board that offers both TB3 and 10Gb/nic,
then i believe the Asrock X570 Creator is pretty much the only reasonable option.