Asrock X470D4U2-2T (RAM support)

I plan on buying the Asrock X470D4U2-2T, but I already have 128gb (32 GB x 4) of Crucial CT32G4RFD4266 32GB DDR4 PC4-21300 2666MHz (RDIMM). When looking at the official AsRock website, it shows the board only supports UDIMM. Is this absolutely 100% correct :frowning: ?

Thanks in advance.

Non epyc CPUs work with unregistered, epyc CPUs work with registered. So yes, it’s correct.

1 Like

Can you possibly recommend a Micro ATX board that comes with x2 10GBe ports?

I’m not stuck on AMD, could also be a board that supports an Xeon chip.

Usually manufacturers would specify rdimm on large boards with tons of memory slots. Normally, one would try to avoid having to use rdimm due to additional read latency penalty.

I’m not aware of anyone making a uATX board with RDIMM support.

I think if you’re stuck with uATX, you’ll likely have to ditch that ram and use either ECC or non-ECC UDIMM ram instead.

If you head over to skinflint.co.uk you’ll be able to peruse around and filter motherboards with different features (socket/form factor/lan ports) excluding something like aliexpress the boards you’ll see listed there are pretty exhaustive - e.g. there’s 2 ancient supermicro Xeon uATX boards that folks are still selling – I’d really recommend you just return that ram or sell it or just file it into a drawer.

Edit: maybe https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPYC3251D4I-2T#Specifications

Supermicro has a few uATX boards with RDIMM support:

dual 1GBase-T:

dual 10GBase-T:

dual 10G SFP+:

Some of them are still on sale.

Edit: Added links

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.