ASRock x370 Taichi

I installed it was well - because AEGIS (or something like that) 1.0.0.6; but I've skipped the last few :wink:

It is nice to see the latest bious has seemed to fix a lot of the ram issues, but what about any virtualation improvements with this board.

Visiting my linux installs today. I have not gotten that far. Wendell will be the better source for an opinion on that.

I know @Wendell would be the best person to ask, but he usually is very busy, I don't even know if he is back from Taiwan. I was just wondering if any one had tested to see if the latest bios brought any improvement in virtulation.

Lots of professionals here. Someone will have something to say about it soon. I am linux nub so I have only just dipped my toes into the pool. Sorry ....... Wendell certainly has it on his radar. Patience

I am not really in a hurry, I still need to raise the $1500 dollars to start and I haven't finalized what parts I am going to use but I do know I will be spending about $7,000 dollars over two years for my next build.

3466 stable tonight on memory, after stressing it & having no problems, I tried for a few hours with different timings & voltages in the 3600-4000 range, but couldn't get anything stable, got 3600 & 3733 to boot, but failed stress tests.

Interestingly, higher voltages seemed to reduce stability, for example, the 3466 I'm running will crash at 1.4v, but is fine at 1.35. It's not a cooling issue, so not sure what's happening there.

The boot loops got annoying in the end, so I'm giving it a rest for now.

3466MHz, 16-16-16-16-38. 1.2v SOC, 1.35v DDR.

1 Like

I have been trying to keep my latency at 14..The new bios update and This is what I get now...

Nice Temps for 2.8v.

Strange @Ungari,, I never noticed that til you commented... I set it to 1.4 in the bios.. I will have to look at that when I get home tonight...and Yes those are great temperatures for 2.8 core... OMG... that is reading twice what I set it at. LOL

Alright is anyone else getting this on the new BIOS? It seems bios and ryzen master report accurately but everything else is doubling the voltage on cpu... as shown in the above pic... that pic I set cpu voltage to 1.4 yet it reads 2.8 .

Yep, it's been an issue since release, nothing to worry about, just enjoy freaking people out by telling them you are running at 2.8v :slight_smile:

4 Likes

LMAO... well I am glad that panic is over.

I was wondering about that.

Apparently, there is a new BIOS version 3.0, but the changelog is the same as for 2.4. Has someone tested it yet?

Edit: Just checked again, it is not the same it has:

instead of:

Did install that today and
1006, with default XMP settings

1006 with brave settings copy from @wendell's lounge link

1006a

1 Like

I guess this motherboard and all X370 Asrock motherboards have having trouble recognizing ram chip timings and speed. I guess it is a good thing I don't have the money to upgrade my desktop yet. I hope I don't have to wait a whole year before this problem is fixed.

and did do p-state oc instead of using Ryzen Master because it changes my new memory things, anyways for that the process is "Google'd that today"

1. dont touch anything, set p-state 0 to whatever clock, dont touch anything else
  2. down that oc tab to set cpu offset voltage, which I did just -+ keyboard to be +0.06350 so its 1.25

3. stock cooler 1700 boosting 3.65GHz with them 3333mhz sticks,
    Witness Me :grimacing:

Bonus note:
Temp jumps that classic +5C from next step which would then be there and there if that stock cooler can handle it, its going to be like 2500rpm and no, I'm fine staying this 2000rpm side

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370%20Taichi/index.us.asp#BIOS update for 1.0.0.6a

Almost scared as everything of mine is working fine. Need to find some release notes

1 Like