ASRock WRX80 Creator R2.0

Newegg was the only retailer that seemed to be selling this R2.0 board. Early last week, I placed an order for one. At the time, the Newegg website said “Release Date 10/28/2022”. It did not say “pre-order”, I was able to add to cart and order normally. I had assumed Newegg had stock and was going to ship on 10/28.

Come 10/28, I noticed mine wasn’t shipped yet, so I called in to Newegg to see about the delay. They said they’re not shipping the boards yet. Not only that, they haven’t even received any stock from the distributors! When I asked when stock would be available, they said they have no concrete date. Could be 1 month, could be 6 months from now. Essentially I was told my order was only a “pre-order” and I had to wait indefinitely… I have all the other parts, I was just waiting on this board to complete my build.

Man, what a bait & switch from Newegg! Why put “Release Date 10/28/22” and accept orders if they don’t even have any stock to release on that day? I don’t think you can call it a “pre-order” if there’s no concrete release date. At this point it’s a Kickstarter campaign. :face_exhaling: I think after I called in, they changed their system to stop accepting new orders they can’t fulfill anytime soon, hence why it now says “Out of Stock”.

I talked with a local computer retailer and they said they could special order the board for me. But it won’t come in until end of Dec or Jan 2023. At least they were being honest with me about their timeline. Not sure what to do at this point, need a board, but there’s no good viable options for sWRX8 anymore. Will a Threadripper Pro 5000 series CPU work with a generic socket SP3 board for EPYC?