ASRock Rack X470D4U2-2T

Sorry to bump an old thread, but the board is still very interesting. I’m concerned if onboard AMD SATA controller is actually HBA (IT mode) or it is RAID controller?

I’m looking forward to build zfs cluster on this, but would like to avoid buying and connecting dedicated IT HBA like LSI3008 or similar.

Thanks.

RAID is an option in the BIOS. As with any other Mainboard-RAID, when turned off it is just an everyday SATA controller.

Also interesting on Asrocks’ product page:

• On Linux system doesn’t support Raid mode

anyone see the x70 matx version instock anywhere yet?

so I have this board and I’m putting together a system but it’s not posting. I don’t know how to find the ipmi ip to login and make changes. when I hit the power button the top right green led comes on and the bottom left green led comes on also the network leds show activity but no beeps or debug numbers or any video out at all.
is there a default ip address for the ipmi?

Fairly certain that is in the manual.
I had a different Asrock IPMI but that one was 192.168.1.1 or something. Otherwise just check your router’s menu, probably has a list of devices.

1 Like

The default is DHCP - so just connect it into your DHCP server (most likely your home router). After that you should be able to find it in the router settings/info - It should have a page about connected devices after you log into it.

Static IP is possible but it isn’t the default

1 Like

thanks, i got it in the router. don’t know why i didn’t think of that first. Facepalm

Does anyone know how control the fan speed when using BIOS 3.40 and BMC 01.80.00?

The FAQ says the following on this:
https://www.asrockrack.com/support/faq.asp?id=38
But both the my BIOS and the IPMI don’t have these options…

The instructions using ipmitool seem a bit weird as I don’t see which fan you’re actually setting and also I’m not sure if these settings are reboot-proof

Hello, I am experiencing same issue. BIOS 3.30 shows fan speed settings correctly in H/W Monitor in BIOS, but after update to 3.40, these settings are missing. I believe BMC doesn’t have these settings at all with this motherboard…

1 Like

Bug Asrock Rack Tech Support for at least a beta BIOS to put the Fan Control back into the BIOS.

Had to do that to get fan control for my stock EPYCD8 motherboard BIOS.

Using L2.42 BIOS, the stock 2.40 BIOS had no fan control anywhere.

1 Like

hello, im trying to build an unraid server using these parts

mobo: x470D4U2-2T
cpu: ryzen 5 3600
psu: evga 850 gold
ram: 64 gb samsung 2R ddr4 pc4-2133p-rao

once i booted for the first time it did not post nor did it show any error codes
on the actual motherboard it shows bmc p1.70.00 and bios at p.3.30

i logged into ipmi dashboard and i can’t see that info only the bmc firmware info
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 9.45.28 PM

1 Like

You won’t get the IPMI Dashboard to fully populate until you have successfully POST’ed.

Need to determine why you are unable to POST first.

1 Like

Has anyone had any throughput issues with the onboard 10Gbe nics on this board? I’m unable to iperf test faster than 7.36Gb/s one direction and 6.5Gb/s the other. I’ve eliminated all other variables and have narrowed it down to the onboard nic’s on this board being the only thing left as the cause. I’ve tested under both debian 11 and popos 22.04 to eliminate any OS configuration issue being the cause, there is no switch during testing direct cat6 cable between devices. Other devices being used for the test sustain full 10Gb/s both directions with ease.

Is there some bios setting i’m missing or is somehow pcie bandwidth being cut down to these onboard ports in some way?

X550 is directly wired via CPU lanes (the good stuff). So no. Although I’m a guy from the X570D4U-2L2T thread, I got the same Intel X550 NICs and all is running fine and well, iperf shows ~10Gbit and I can get my TrueNAS to show 1GB/s traffic on the NIC.
Cat6 should be more than plenty.

Are we talking full-duplex here or did you test two times and changing the iperf server after the first run?

Thanks for the reply! Sorry for the confusion, I meant separate runs, one with the iperf3 -R option. It’s very confusing because I’m pretty confident I’ve eliminated every non-motherboard related variable in my testing and it’s not like 10Gb/s is difficult to achieve these days on anything this modern.