Asrock Rack E3C246D4U doest post if Quadro P2000 is installed

Hi,
I’m upgrading my Unraid server and having trouble getting the Motherboard (Asrock rack E3C246D4U) to post with a Quadro P2000 installed. It runs fine without it. I also have an LSI 9207-8i installed. I thought maybe since the x16 changes to x8 when PCIE 4 is occupied might cause the issue but removing the LSI card didnt make a difference. With jsut the LSI card it runs fine. Is there a bios setting or jumper setting i’m missing?

the motherboard is running the latest bios version.

thanks!

Is it maybe a power problem? Does the same thing happen with any other GPU?

1 Like

its the only one i currently have to test with. i’ll have to see if i can borrow one from work. i’m using a 750 watt PSU so it should be enough unless its something wrong with the board itself.

thanks for the input

How do you know it’s not posting?

Have you tried toggling NumLock on and off long after it should have posted?

Are you hooking video up to the card or just on the motherboard VGA? Is this GPU known good?

Not familiar with that motherboard, but some motherboards will opt to default display on the GPU if one is detected.

That GPU gets all the power it needs from the PCIe slot. I kinda doubt it’s a power problem…

THansk for the replies. Once it stops booting i lose all keyboard controls. I tried using the card and onboard vga with similar results. Someone from Asrock had me try changing the Video OpROM policy to UEFI but that didnt work. I got a little further than before. It began to post but froze at the screen that shows the boot options. THe dr debug code it stopped on was 62. I have a processor that supports Quick Sync on the way so the card really wont be needed once i have that installed. My main concern now is do i have a board with a bad PCIe slot. i’m going to bring a different video card home today and see if it boots with that one.

thanks again for your help

just an update in case anyone ever runs into this. i had to change the below settings to UEFI only.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.