ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 with 8320?

I built my friends rig with the same motherboard and CPU and he has no problems whatso ever.

SO Tek Syndicate do you guys think I will run into issues? I have no plans of overclocking.

If you're asking if they're compatible then yes, they are completely compatible.

However, I would instead get the Asus M5A97 R2.0, I built a computer (for a friend) with it yesterday and it seemed like a really nice motherboard. Most importantly, that Asrock motherboard has some pretty bad reviews, that speak of their systems freezing and coil whine, which is not very good.

for a powerhungry 8 core cpu, i would personaly recommend to go with a decent 990(F)X chipsetboard if you can afford.

The Asrock 970 extreme 3 has only a very cheap 4.1 powerphase and analog cheapass vrm´s not realy designed for a powerhungry 8 core. same counts for the asrock 970 extreme 4 and 990FX extreme 3.

The Asus M5A97 R2.0 with only 4+2 powerphase and digi vrm, is also not the best choice. but its better then those asrocks.

Sucks because I can't afford Asus xc

That mobo is great i have my 8320 OC to 4.5Ghz and no problems what so ever great buy for the money