Ask ASUS! JJ is here for some videos and to answer your questions

As of now we have already refreshed our AM3+ boards with all R2.0 boards and the CROSSHAIR FORMULA Z. These boards were designed from the ground up for VISHERA. As there are no new CPUs we have no plans to release newer boards especially as we have spent considerable time and resources in continued refinement and improvement to performance, compatibility and interoprability on R2.0 series with extensive UEFI support.

With that being noted we are always evaluating the possibility of new boards depending on the feedback and want and needs of the community. Stay tuned.

I think when that board was released it was during the beginning stages of the m-itx trend, I believe now It might be a viable option as more and more people are building even gaming rigs in this form factor.

We are consistently evaluating color aesthetics and considering how our boards work out visually when considering the options in the marketplace. With that noted color matching varies from user to user when some likely white a contrast as opposed to having everything the same color. Additionally when evaluating build myself I think our ROG and TUF have looked great in a white chassis and our new Z97 mainstream series with primary black and soft gold accents I think looks great. With that noted we will definitely continue to look at how to best align all our components. You see this in our new graphic cards which have offered secondary metal strips to complement other colors ( with the base heatsink being completely black ) 

The 4-pin chassis fan headers on your Z87 Motherboards are not PWM controlled. They are fake. Functionally, they are 3-pin fan headers. Why did you do this to us, Asus? Why did you lie to me? :'(

Hi Logan and JJ, thanks for doing this!

I'm really hoping to get some concrete answers, as I have tried several sources but have had not much joy, sadly.

I'm in a bit of a bind - I want to be able to offer some great systems and bundles to my customers, using AM3+, FM2 and FM2+ pocessors with some great Asus boards. The only problem is that my current supplier brings in only Mushkin gaming RAM at freqs of 1866 to 2800, and Mushkin isn't on the great majority of mobo QVL's.

I'm specifically looking at AMD based systems and bundles here though, because I've been having really informative emails with Sean Moore over at Mushkin, and while he's been really helpful as far as Intel are concerned, he hasn't been able to help with what I really need to know regarding AMD based configs.

Would you be able to advise me regarding Asus AMD mobo compatibility with Mushkin gaming RAM if I ask you some specific questions?

Thanks a lot in advance, and hoping you'll say yes!

Thanks for answering JJ!

Yes of course you can use a board for more than 3 years. It really comes down to the features and functionality you are looking for.

If you do upgrade now you will improve on every aspect.including performance, features, functionality ( performance is everything including CPU, USB, SATA, PCIe and more )

Overall the RIIIE is an outstanding board given its specifications and the performance the platform offers. In the respect ( especially ) if you are running at a minimum a 4C/8T CPU or greater you still have a system that offers great performance in all usage models. The largest gains would be seen at high resolution gaming along with content creation.

LOL this is going to take some typing! I will follow up and post my specifications.I will follow up soon.

Not sure i understand your question.

OC Tuner will tune multiple parameters on your board relating to clock speeds and other OC related parameters once complete it will have attempted to load an overclock for your platform.

While a reasonble OC implementation it is course and at times may have stability issues due to attempting to adjust the HT BUS which could affect your DRAM divider. As the DRAM divider has less margin ( due to memory as a whole being less overclockable than your CPU ) this can cause issues. It really depends on your hardware configuration.

I would generally advise if overclocking to manually OC and only adjust the multiplier to ensure the smoothest and easiest scaling along with stability. You will of course need to adjust other values such as the CPU vid and c states but this is dependent on the ranger you are looking for as well as the efficiency of the overclock.

In regards to the VRM ( if this what you are referring to ) you do not need to directly cool it and yes the VRM mosfets and drivers can be the hottest part of the motherboard outside of the CPU. Ideally you do want to have some type of airflow coming across or around the VRM heatsink to aid in cooling and ensuring the best stability this can easily be down by having your top mounted fans set to bring in air as opposed to exhaust air. You also can ensure this by having enough intake airflow if your chassis has front fans.

Otherwise the heatsink assembly is quite large with diffusion points and features a heatpipe which is effective at removing heat from the VRM.

As of now we have no plans for a non reference R9 295x2.

Stay tuned for what we will be doing for the FORMULA. With that noted there is no issues with the use of aluminum. We feature a conversion coating is a used across many industries and we spent extensive time testing it to ensure no ensures when used with water cooling setups. Misinformation and lack of knowledge by some individuals propagated a perception of it being a non usable solution which is incorrect.

Anodizing / Conversion coating is a commonly used technology on heatsinks for corrosion protection as well as coloring.

While a pure copper option is an option there is a considerable increase in cost that many users would not want to spend. This is why when looking at pure copper solutions in the form of complete add in blocks there cost is considerably higher.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

I cannot comment about other regions as i do not work for those regional offices. If there is no service dept in your region you may want to consider sending your product to a family member in the US or Canada ( if you have them there ) to process at one of those service centers. From there they can receive and then ship you back the repaired or replaced item.

What is the issue you are experiencing as failure on GPU is extremely rare?

We currently offer a number of notebooks including ultrabooks that offer 1080 resolution and even greater ( WQHD ). We of course are continually evaluating different options in the pursuit of flexibility, usability and overall image  fidelity.

You can already use 4-way optimization on ROG Boards! (i got a gene and it comes with 4-way optimization) ;)

Hey JJ,

When was the last time you bought a product from a direct competitor and did you feel any guilt buying it?

Thanks, I look forward to seeing what's to come :)

Also one more question, sir: ROG A88X?

Hey JJ, 

One question, when will the gold motherboards stop? They don't really go with any currently available parts. I mean I tried to work one into a build but the best I could do was eliminate all other color, make everything else black and then use Adata XPG gold and the EVGA superclocked 770 to pick up the gold. Its just not a color that goes well with anything else. I would love blacked out mid range boards or maybe silver insead of gold... I just think the gold looks ridiculous. 

Thanks, AC1DSKU11

Hello JJ,

Will there be any 4K free sync compatible monitors coming anytime soon? or any other variable refresh rate displays compatible with AMD cards in a 4K resolution?

If you can't comment on if or when could you say if it has been considered?

Thanks

We currently offer Intel NICS on an extensive range of motherboards for Z97 as an example it is on every board from the -A to the Z97 WS.

That is 12 motherboards alone starting off as little as 150. We have continually expanded the number of boards featuring Intel NICs and hope to continue this trend.

Hey JJ. I was wondering if you guys have anything that has no overclocking features in it, being an AM1, or AM3+ socket that supports the legacy AC 97 audio. I am thinking about ordering some new motherboards and CPU's for the school district I work at.

If it don't support the legacy AC 97 audio it is not a big deal, but would be nice if it did.

Thanks!