Art/work PC Ryzen 5 3600 blackbox

This is my first new “for me” PC build. I have been piecing back together Thinkpads from the junk store for the longest time. So here it goes.

I am missing a motherboard but will have it soon it’s an Asus Pro WS x570-ACE.
I do not want a bunch of lights and bling distracting me from my art/work and studies. I wanted a solid side panel and lots of airflow so I went with the Fractal Meshify C in black. I know the GPU has RGB fans but I’ll never see them in my blackbox.
When the rest of the parts come in I’ll show the progress.

3 Likes

The Mobo arrived last night. So I got started…

It posted fine outside of the case so installed it in the case. The case was a little tight on the fan hight but was fine overall. I managed the cables best I could in the case. Update the bios and a Fresh install of Centos8 in the removable drive and off to bed. The 32gb of 3600 MHz ram would only run at 2400 MHz but working on that now. More to come… time to cable manage the desk and possibly install Windows 10.

4 Likes

That’s a really clean build. Love it!
I hope you figure the RAM speed issue out.

1 Like

Such overkill on cpu cooling but cant go wrong with that coooler

1 Like

Yesterday I got the ram working 3600 MHz…with BIOS at stock it had the DRAM at 1.35 v and when I changed it to 1.2 v it reset to normal speeds.
Today had to change work areas with my mate. They have to work from home another 4 to 6 weeks. They needed my space to skype, train their teammates on how to use Oracle, and + do their regular job.
I went to Home Depot need to get 50’ of cat5 cable and came home with an adjustable workbench. I lucked out now I have more light and a better area for my project and my mate feels the same for themselve.
So back to the build I got it running like a top and Monday I can get back to my work/projects on the fastest rig I have owned. I’m posting this post from it. Today was the first time I drove in a month it felt very weird!

1 Like

What the fuck is THAT!? Is that an ASUS GPU Anti Sag? Haven’t seen such a bracket before.

Yes it is.
“The Pro WS X570-ACE is packed with an exclusive two-way VGA holder to provide extra rigid support for up to two high-end graphics cards, to prevent potentially damaging bowing or bending. This VGA holder is easy to install and can be mounted with an additional system fan (up to 120mm), making sure your workstation has ample cooling to complete any task.”

2 Likes

GPU supports should be included in high-end cases by standard. Throw out the RGB crap, bring in something useful!

3 Likes

back in the day they were soem time called savers. like in this asus elan vital T10ab

images t10

that “weird” white piece in the front of the case is actually card saver, really really long cards would slot in. assuming the card was even the right length.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.