ARM Laptop: Pinebook Pro: A72, 14" IPS 1080p, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, m.2 NVMe, USB-C

FYI the preorder is live if anybody wants one.

https://store.pine64.org/?product=14-pinebook-pro-linux-laptop

• Need to have been registered on their forum before 1 July to get in the queue
  • 30 day warranty
  • Possibly 1-3 dead pixels
  • May take several days to several weeks to get your preorder code
1 Like

you would think that since they’re so pro freedom, they wouldn’t be so exclusive as to who can get one.

It sounds like it might be preorder for forum members then open to the public once the preorders are completed. The first couple of batches will also have 128 GB eMMC while the following batches will be 64 GB. Preorder may be how they are making sure the forum members get that preferential treatment.

Maybe @Luke_PINE64 could chime in with clarification?

Eh, I can get behind the first couple batches having more storage for people who have been there for the ride. I dont see why you couldnt also have preorders for the average peasant. Just give them a different link. I’ve never tried to mass produce a laptop though so what do I know?

I wouldnt really consider one for myself so really i’m just bitching about something that doesnt affect me.

Only other guess I would have would be to mitigate the initial zerg rush of preorders, which would lead to inevitable delays. Don’t know either though.

The two main reasons why I’m interested in it are that my current laptop is getting buggier by the day and I’m curious if I could modify the laptop.

It probably makes it more expensive to have multiple configurations.

Regarding pre-orders, we chose to target our community base firs because 1) we have a limited capacity to build these units [we aren’t a large company] and the factory needs time to learn the assmebly 2) because we want to get feedback from our core community, so the ‘general public’ get a more polished product and 3) we want to reward those who have been supporting us thus far.

2 Likes

Totally understand that.

Is there an ETA on general availability?

This month. A community update is going up on the 5th with the relevant details.

[edit] here is the build that ships with the Pinebook Pro - thought I may as well link it.
[edit 2] says I am not allowed to link external sources :frowning: - find Pine64 channel on youtube, video from 16 July.

1 Like

You should be able to link now

2 Likes

Sweet, I’ll await that. Thanks!

I’ll have a look at the channel.

Forum overlords added a threshold for linking to prevent pump and dump spammers. Looks like mutation666 sorted it out for you though.

This video?

It looks pretty polished!

1 Like

Yup! That video. Thanks @mutation666

I submitted for a preorder the day it went live, no order code yet :frowning:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa we need an arm discussion threads the macbooks with arm are reeeeeaaaalllll

2 Likes

Do you have a link to a fresh article? I only see old speculations and a new Snazzy Labs video in my search results…

Man they are in stock. Not enough dough now, but this goes on the Christmas shopping list for SURE!

The entire Adobe suite is currently being developed to run on Arm… It is definitely real. Also, almost all MacOS apps are ready to go on Arm

I wish i had bought this instead of a chromebook >.<

2 Likes

checks email

sees email from Pine64

3 Likes