Arista 7050tx trransceiver not present errors

so my ebay purchase arista 7050tx showed up and I’m trying to set the speed on the 10 gig ethernet ports to auto and I get this error for ever 10gbase-t port:
tranceiver for interface et[1-48] is not present. cannot verify compatibility of speed and duplex settings"

Did I just get a dud or is there something I should be doing here to try and fix it?

Not familiar with Arista gear, so guessing:
What does polling the status of any of those ports yield?

how do I poll a port? if I go show interface status it’s got unknowns and unconfigured through most of it. type is also unknown, it’s 10gbase-t on my working arista switch.

On Cisco, something like

show interfaces gi1/0/1

or

show interfaces status 

If I go show interfaces status I get back a list of ports with unknown status, unconfigured duplex and speed and unconfirmed type. on my working arista the Type is 10GBASE-T and status is “notconnect”

Is the speed set to 1G or 10G already? Can you set the speeds, to 1/10G, with out the error showing up?

if I try to set a speed it says transceiver not present. cannot verify compatibility of speed and duplex settings. this is for ethernet 1 through 48, I am not mistakenly trying to set an sfp/sfp+ with no transceiver, just to be absolutely clear.

The guy I bought it from is sending me a new one, so t hey think it’s broken…

Yeah, that’s probably a good bet.