Argone's Everything Everywhere All At Once Blog (1 year linux, lab, gaming, photography, and more!)

I just had hot sauce from chipotle. I have a love hate relationship with it. Generally really hot. But burns my tongue every time.

1 Like

Just wait till tonight.

5 Likes

Tonight came and went. Lol it is today. I be fine.

I am a month out. I solely used linux for 11 and a half months. Now I am dual booting linux and windows. It was very frustrating to me that I couldnt get the following bug worked out. I had a bug in minecraft that seems to appear to only be in linux. Even after reinstall of popos. I was getting stuck keys constantly. if im strafing and let up it is still strafing. I cant even quit the dang game to restart it. It quits on its own. But my keyboard stops working while the stuck key is happening.

But your keyboard worked fine in other applications on Linux, right? If so (and I assume it does), this is not a Linux problem, but a Minecraft problem.

It appears to be a minecrft problem in linux. Works fine in windows. Never had an issue until i booted up minecraft after a few months.

For minecraft ill play on windows.

That sucks, did you try a Lutris install or perhaps wine emulation of the Windows version?

I would raise the question on the Lutris community and see if there is a workaround there, as well as file a bug report with Minecraft developers, even if they can’t reproduce.

1 Like

Will do. Strange thing is it worked over the spring without issue. So who knows? I will do a bug report.

Welp I will be official to a year in one week. I stopped a week ago and switch to windows for two day just for minecraft bug. Now I am back one linux minus for gaming.

I am about to build a 7950x system next weekend. That will be my windows system and my present 5950x will be windows.

2 Likes

I just built a 7950x system as my main gaming rig. I am very happy with the performance in av1 coding. Double at best of my 5950x. 13 fps vs 4-7fps.

I got authelia working! I am so happy right now.

If you dont know what authelia is, it is a service that adds two factor authenication to any reverse proxy/website service that one may self host.

1 Like

I have never once gotten a good sample for efficiency on any of my cpus. my 5820k could only hit 4.0ghz. my 1700 hit 3.8ghz, my 3900x and 5950x cant hit more than 3.8ghz all core and my 7950x cant hit 5.8ghz with nco and pbo. I get crashes when setting negative curve and then i have to down clock my max boost frequency by 400 mhz…

I have my first raspberry pi. Also have a roommate slowly making a move and he is a gamer. So there will hopefully be some gaming sessions we do.

2 Likes