Argone's Everything Everywhere All At Once Blog (1 year linux, lab, gaming, photography, and more!)

It’s a program.

Haven’t used it, but I know a lot of people that do, mostly for vms, but it should work very well over a wired network.

2 Likes

I am back on popos for everything. It is nice. I struggled a month or so ago at getting cifs working and or nfs. I got cifs to work on the first try tonight. Way to go!

@SgtAwesomesauce

2 Likes

I now have plex working with my 3900x system on pop and cifs connected to my nas.

1 Like

Jeeze, my office and the kitchen are on the same line to the breaker box. So running folding at home on all of my computers and microwave is a problem. Thankfully everything is on multiple UPS’, so it is a quick run to the basement to turn it back on.

1 Like

I am learning linux subsystems for windows. The benefit is windows runs as main system. Which is what I have experience with. Linux has hardware passthrough. It is nice! So I can learn linux while still using windows.

I just had something strange happen with my blu ray drives. Both of them stopped working at the same time. A computer restart didn’t fix it, but a cold boot did.

@Trooper_ish

After figuring out what was wrong with my computer. My cat decided to hop on top of it and another cat thought that was her place or something and knocked the computer off the side of the table and now it wont power on. I swapped the psu and cpu and gpu. Looks like a dead motherboard. And that was my motherboard that was waiting for the 5950x. Time to get a new motherboard…

2 Likes

F

Crikey man, you just keep getting the bad breaks…
How are you supposed to run a Hacker Collective with less than 5 running computers in the room, huh?

1 Like

More or less I am gonna just skip the 5950x and wait for next gen. I am tired of fixing a problem and then another one arises.

1 Like

She is alive! She’s alive! Somehow when swapping out my nh d15 for a new aio thermal compound god on the pins. With a toothbrush I gently brushed off the paste.

I have rebranded this thread to just a plain blog of sorts. No more 1 year linux challenge.

Just bought a second one. If you need a mouse, this is solid.

1 Like

Re Raiding my array.

2 Likes

I have G400S (the same mouse, different visual design)… Can confirm - a good mouse… Sadly it’s 50 euros here…

1 Like

@Trooper_ish

Have you tried plex yet?

1 Like

I gave it a try a while ago, but the stuff I needed was behind a pass.

Funnily, the stuff I needed was free on Emby, which is odd, because it was the other way round with you :slightly_smiling_face:

But this would have been like 2016

1 Like

I was having an issue last night and today. Plex kept pausing and buffering a movie (4k hdr) and emby didnt have that issue. I factory reset my shield and clean installed windows. Has taken care of it.

1 Like

4K HDR? Too rich for my blood :slightly_smiling_face:

I only really use 720, sometimes 1080

1 Like

I had a near death of my hdd experience. I plugged the wrong power brick into my wd external drive. same voltage but different amperage. 1.5amp vs 5amp. I only realized that now. I have a dual dock for hdds and that is the cable I used to power my external drive. Which would have been a bummer if I broke my hdd.

If the Amperage is too high, does it Maybe fry the stuff,. but if the voltage is high Will fry stuff?

1 Like