Are the analog 3.5mm jacks on the DP 1.4 KVM 3-pole or 4-pole

Just as it says in the title. Will it pass through a mic?

Excellent question

I found the answer buried in the KVM FRQ thread.

For anyone who stumbles across this later, it is 4-pole.

I think it’s valuable information to add to the store page as 4-pole jacks usually have different markings and the ones on the physical device suggest that it’s only 3-pole.

not necessarily, depends on the model, this question was about the km switch

I’d assume yes to both, as the KM has phones and

gotcha thanks.
Just for clarification, what 1.4 Display Port KVM Switches have 4-pole audio jacks?

Keep up the great work.

iirc none of them do, its just stereo. THe km switches have the optional audio function @Level1_Amber can confirm. I always want to omit the analog audio because seriously a $5 usb dac is better than analog audio…

Got it. thanks for the clarification.

I’m not thinking about using it for audio but for signaling purposes, and wanted to know what the internal structure was so I don’t accidentally short something.

The idea is to use the analog audio ports and an ESP32 to detect what channel the switch is on and then use some method to operate the selector button to switch the output. I haven’t figured out how I want to tackle the button part yet. Thought I’d focus on the signaling first.

The goal is to monitor what out put the switch is on and change the state without having to physically operate the keyboard and KVM.

The next question is are the analog ports passing the signal straight through or is there any type of amplification circuitry that goes on between them?