Arctic Silver 5 safe for northbridge?

I bought a full cover waterblock to cool my motherboards northbridge, VRM, and mosfets and it says I need to use electrically non-conductive thermal paste for the northbridge. Is arctic silver 5 okay to use on the northbridge? I went to arctic silvers website and it said it is electrically non-conductive but it is slightly capacitive. Here is what it says on the arctic silver website "While much safer than electrically conductive silver and copper greases, Arctic Silver 5 should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. While it is not electrically conductive, the compound is very slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridges two close-proximity electrical paths."

Stay away from Arctic Silver 5. It is by no means the best performing stuff out there, andĀ canĀ be harmful due to the capacitive nature. I would just invest in CoolLaboratory Liquid Ultra - it's the best stuff out there.

you could even try tunia tx2 extreme. i use that stuff a lot

Phobya Hegrease or Prolimatech Pk-1 has some amazing reviews, if not that use IC Diamond 7 or MX4

I have some XSPC K2 left over and I asked XSPC support if it is safe for the northbridge and they said it was so I'll probably use that.

I ended up using the arctic silver 5 and it worked fine. I acheived a 5ghz OC on my 8350.

lol, :trollface: