Apple Keynote September 14, 2021

iPhone autocorrect is terrible.

1 Like

It is my first iPhone is what I’m getting at. My last phone I had was an lg g4. No type c on it. I love the iPhone photos and video that can be taken.

I expect they might not have the fab capacity, and would prioritise the higher profit margin mobile devices over the laptops.

I had an android before as well, I still use some of my chargers as theirs all usb c. I guess I don’t really mind as much, thing is they’ve chuck a small charger in there and I’d never use it anyway, I expect this is the majority case. Since you get a usb c to Lightning cable anyway with the phone it would really only affect those who literally have zero usb c chargers

I wonder if this is the case. From what I’ve seen the M1 is a pretty good powerhouse on its own, reducing supply for another chip may not be the right move right now

I’ve been using my Air for a bit of graphic design work here and there, and a bit of video editing. With so many apps now running natively, it’s pretty hard to not recommend it.

anything actually new? or just the same iPhone “update” we get every year since 2007?

any release of bigger than small mobile ARM chips for desktop/server?

It’s more of an incremental year I think, faster, better battery etc. I’d say most of the changes are in the software for iOS and Mac this year

There’s no evidence that production was reduced just to get A15 out. M1 was in production for almost a year ahead of the launch. They’re stockpiling before they announce anything new exists, because otherwise they’re going to end up like every other vendor unable to fulfill orders.

The success of M1 was helped along by actually being in stock.

Also fun aside: half a dozen vendors just lost their licenses to produce components for Apple based on how completely wrong those watch leaks were the last couple weeks. :slight_smile:

1 Like