Aorus X470 Gaming:. No post, 3 beeps, 2 sets

I can’t find anything that reliably tells me the beep codes, and theres nothing in the book except ‘go online for the manual’.

So my machine has a 3900x and can’t run it at full speed due to the chokes being decent at best. But, I can oc ever so slightly and make up for it a little bit before the board goes off the deep end and my cpu has random temp spikes.

Full stable tune, the chip runs at 4.275ghz with everything on auto and turbo turned off.

The other dy I brought the machine down for windows updates. Then I changed a drive out and hit pover. 6 beeps. Says online that its a cpu error, but the cpu can’t even draw enough voltage to pop in the first place, hlf of why I got this bord actually. And its not 6 consecutive, its 2 sets of 3 beeps. Low tone compared to bios beep on post.

And when it does the beeps, the service lights indicate VGA, NOT CPU, as though it were posting.

Removing all but one dimm lets the machine boot normally, and setting bios back makes the whole thicg calm down. I’m running F42 for the bios version. I remember some ppl mentioning that F42 had some minor bugs but not as bad as F50.

Any advice?

Bump

Well i don’t have the board myself,
so i can’t really tell in regards to those said bios versions,
you could try a different bios version.

But which exact board do you have?

Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming from Gigabyte.

I figured it out. My machine doesn’t like XMP and some form of overclocking at the same time. I can have one, or the other, but not both.

The 3 beeps, low tone, 2 sets is a code for bank 1 checksum error and bank 2 checksum error for checking timings in the XMP profile.

The 3 higher beeps by themselves is a general memory or clock setting fault, meaning system clock.

Then I had one long low beep and 3 high beeps happen once, but I have no idea what that means and it booted fine afterwards.

As of now I have to run with only XMP.

Well i can highly advice to only use xmp for the memory.
but not overclock the cpu itself on your particular motherboard.
Because the vrm on that board is basically not really good enough for a 3900X overclocked.
The mosfets will run pretty hot fairly quickly.
So that might be your problem.

Keep the cpu at stock on that board is my advice. :slight_smile:

I can push it up until the VSOC starts to actually get hot. Thats around 4.23.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.