Aorus Master x570 Perfect UEFI Settings

doing that changed nothing about my temps. 45 idle, and into the low 70s under load.

llc level 2 seems to push it a bit to 1.36

And what about the stability?
If it isn’t stable you might either try a bit more agressive LLC setting.
Or bump the voltage a bit to maybe 1.38V.

Temps are still a little bit high maybe.
But that also depends on your ambient temp as well.
Maybe a re-seat of the cooler and new paste job might a little bit.

On this board I dont often have stability issues, It either wont boot or its stable.

I think thats kinda how ryzen 3000 is though isnt it? it will take as little or as much vcore as you want to give it but your scores will change.

I’m certainly hoping to avoid reseating the block. I dont know enough about what is and isnt normal to say its high or not. It certainly seems about the same as everyone elses temps as mentioned by the number of complaints on idle temps from ryzen 3k threads.

1 Like

Yeah might be better as new uefi updates roll out.
low 70C’s isn’t too bad on a full stress test i guess.
It’s just that your core voltage looks a bit high to me in the screen shot.
Of course it’s a software read out, so that will be less accurate.
Temp wise it might be just fine, it measures package temp, not actual temps per core i guess?

Still if you get better stability with just a slightly lower all core clock speed.
Then i would say put it back a bit and wait for uefi updates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The voltage drops immediately under load, its just high when “idle” which isnt really idle because apparently all the data polling wakes the CPU constantly.

Also the voltage is set to die sense, not sure how much it matters but I can change it to socket sense for the board. RM shows a lower reading.

2 Likes

I suppose you already tried this as well?

I don’t want to spill over this topic too much. :slight_smile:

I did have have that disabled but it disables all overclocks and the chip sits at 3.8 until you tell it otherwise. Best I have gotten myself was 4.45 all core. I just cant seem to figure out how to make the thing boost on its own.

1 Like

I assume you have this board specified in the thread? Its all tricky right now. This might be further off topic but as they shrink to 5 nm and 3nm ccx overclocking is going to get easier than all core

The new stuff just dropped. Get the new chipset driver and the new ryzen master ?

And see if that does it?

I bet Asus still needs a uefi. Your perf numbers at tpuii are about what you can expect at the top end. That was a bit of an overclock especially for multiple core as it should be around 8200-8500 all core. Custom loop cooling the upper end of that range

Out of curiosity has setting LLC to medium to flatten the curve helped at all?

nope, asus. I was just trying to implement similar settings to see if I can get it to perform at similar speeds.

I’ll check tonight and see what I can come up with

definitely

setting to level 2 seems to boost the voltage a tad under load. At 1.35 I see 1.352 idle and 1.36 under load.

Voltage does not seem to be my limiting factor at the moment as above I was able to get to 4.45 manually without spending much time.

Theres clearly more in the tank for this chip but its not boosting to that level on its own. 4.2 seems to be all it wants to give.

There was a thread on r/AMD about this board and how 3600mhz memory and infinity fabric speed specifically seems to limit boost clocks. I also tried dropping to 3466/1733 to test that but saw similar clocks.

I dont get a ton of time to mess with it so I’ll probably just sit back and wait to see what develops.

RE: temps. Something I probably should have mentioned is my gpu is first in the loop. It goes through a 240mm ek classic and then to the CPU, then to a 360mm ek classic and back to the res. Probably not the most ideal setup for getting the coolest temps on this cpu.

LLC is good to have at the level it flattens primarily because as your current increases which happens quite a bit with these chips the voltage decreases as Im sure you know. If you want to OC Ive found that being at the higher speeds of memory is a constant source of trouble for people and being at a closer to 2:1 IF ratio is better. I prefer All core and ryzen p state overclocking over the traditional set the multiplier and hope for the best. This is actually how you might get it to boost. R3K is tough

Thank you for posting this! I just bought the X570 Aorus Xtreme and hopefully I will be able to apply most of these settings to my board.

This looks a lot better than Gigabyte’s past UEFI, which is part of why I went this route rather than ASUS this time around. I’ll be honest, I really wanted to avoid a PCH fan… I definitely overpayed for that “Feature”

Anyway, thanks again, super helpful!

Hi there! Got my x570 master sitting on the bench… waiting for my 3800x, g.skill neo 3600c16-32gb kit, and aorus gen4 SSD.

Why do you modify the CPU clock control from 100.00 to 100.01? Does this effect the BCLK?

Also, wondering what the Gear Down Mode and Power Down Mode are supposed to do… but disabling them seems like a good idea with all the voltage craziness.

Do these settings still apply for the newest Master bios F5I?

1 Like

Could anyone that actually has the physical Gigabyte X570 Aorus motherboard be so kind and check if there actually is an option to Enable Thunderbolt in the UEFI?

1 Like

On earlier versions it seemed as though things were more stable when explicitly setting blk to 100.01. otherwise I’d see bclk bounce between 99.2 and 100.2 most of the time. Also seemed to help the boost clocks.

That may no longer be true on later uefis but still worth testing maybe.

Also make sure cool and quiet is set to enable and not just auto

2 Likes

For me with the fw loaded on the card it came up with no extra prodding but I didn’t try hotplug or windows.

@wendell

Thank you for getting back to me!

So that I don’t missunderstand anything:

• You took the Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 AIC (ah sh**, just realized you were using a Alpine Ridge AIC) that was featured in the previous Threadripper Thunderbolt 3 video that had its firmware loaded on it, plugged it into the X570 Aorus and connected the TB and USB Header cables and it worked without any BIOS option change?

• Booted up Linux and TB worked*? (*no hotplug tested)

• Is there a possibility that ASRock/Gigabyte maybe make TB Header cable “DRM” shenanigans changing the pin layout around or is this highly unlikely since TB3 (without USB) hotplug seems to be working on the ASRock X570 Taichi with the Gigabyte Titan Ridge AIC?

• Any ideas/gut feelings why Thunderbolt hotplug is working, USB 3.x and USB-C -> display out causes BSoDs?

• Would you be interested in following this topic up? I know that Windows is bad, but since I’m very interested in creating HDR content I’m presently limited to macOS and Windows (and right now I’m not halucinating about turning the Ryzen 3700X desktop into a Hackintosh).

I can’t offer much (most disposable income is currently pumped into the DIY move from Intel to AMD for most purposes) but since my “dream” home workflow is planned around this I would spit up anything I can to resolve the darn USB 3.x hotplug BSoDs.

It’s on my to-do list to try to help with this but it’ll be a few weeks before I catch up. My aic has a slightly modded firmware. The header is not drmified on any way. It’s just an enable/toggle/reset. There is a post on here where someone used Titan ridge with a jumper wire and it was fine on a Mobo with no header (no hotplug)

1 Like

Ahem, where is Coll & Quiet on the Master?