Aorus Master x570 Perfect UEFI Settings

With trial and error and some cheating:

https://pastebin.com/raw/at9WttTc

:grinning:

2 Likes

Welp that’s going in the next how-to. Nice work

Wait…does this mean using USB PCI-E card can be avoided ?
Also, the USB-C on RTX 20 series cards can be passed through, right ? Wish Navi also includes USB ports on their upcoming cards.

Awesome…Btw, doesn’t this MB has USB 2.0 as well as 3.0 ports ? Why group the USB controllers together, I wonder.

Can you please also test whether this x570 Aorus Master MB has rdrand (random number generator) issue or has it already been patched through BIOS update including the microcode fixes? This wouldn’t take long :slight_smile:

Referenced article: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/10/how-a-months-old-amd-microcode-bug-destroyed-my-weekend/ (MB in this article: Asrock Rack X470D4U)

Testing tool: https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/rdrand-test.zip

Screenshots:

I’m still trying to figure out what’s going on with the USB controller, but I’m fairly certain something isn’t right with the bios. Hopefully an update will fix this.

Here’s the rdrand tests:

rdrand

%./amd-rdrand-bug
Your RDRAND() does not have the AMD bug.
%./test-rdrand
RDRAND() = 0x59ec388e
RDRAND() = 0xdaf49ed6
RDRAND() = 0x86526968
RDRAND() = 0xc8ead9c0
RDRAND() = 0xd05d6866
RDRAND() = 0x94d2e4a1
RDRAND() = 0x105ae9e2
RDRAND() = 0x7c16d022
RDRAND() = 0xe2affffe
RDRAND() = 0x44685466
RDRAND() = 0x859d5334
RDRAND() = 0x5fff5202
RDRAND() = 0x9b914309
RDRAND() = 0xe1003e92
RDRAND() = 0xb74408be
RDRAND() = 0xeca33bdd
RDRAND() = 0xbe03f3e7
RDRAND() = 0xb6a6d490
RDRAND() = 0x6407c410
RDRAND() = 0x231a1566

The author of this article misunderstands how one off bioses work… this is technically an Enterprise product which takes a long time to qualify. I agree it’s frustrating to wait so long for an update but an assumption made by the author – that any new bios made after the fix was known would have the fix – is never a safe assumption.

Even our own users here were told the update had the fix, but it didn’t.

I didn’t have any proems with Steve’s build but only because I verified what changed I the fixed bios posted here.

All consumer boards that have the abb+ agesa and newer smu will have the rdrand fix. It’s not the date that matters, but the agesa, for this particular issue.

It is a bit disappointing it was fumbled but this is not a typical in the Enterprise. I’ve ordered over a million dollars of kit that wasn’t actually fully usable for 3 months because we were an early adopter and the stake holders decided the payoff of being an early adopter was worth the risk.

3 Likes

Thank You - Much appreciated.

For those struggling with PBO bug on Agesa 1.0.0.4, maybe this can fix it:

Settind EDC to 0 my cpu back to 4650mhz (ryzen 9 3900x). thanks.
This F10A bios is lagging as hell… this issue is only mine?

How do you mean laggy? Mouse stutters when in Bios screen?

When you move up and down (between bios options) with keyboard, there is a delay

NEW BIOS F10c
EDIT: Download link seems broken…

Go to the Asia site when that happens

Also F10c needs to set PBO limits manually to 0.

For a while I had a similar issue and fixed it by plugging keyboard/mouse into different USB port. Kinda weird I know however, it worked … so that was nice :slight_smile:

Strangely, as of 21st November the BIOS on Gigabyte site now shows as simply F10

That means it’s not beta anymore, if I remember correctly.

F10 is the bios version, a,b,c,d… means the beta release. F10 is the final release. The next will be F11 or more…

1 Like

Doh!

My mobo has a strange behaviour about the last 2-3 weeks. I use all days for all day my workstation, without any kind of problem. When i shutdown at night and restart the pc the next morning all run fine. On friday night i shutdown my pc and when restart it in monday (not next day…) it restart 2/3 times during post and goes itself to bios with default settings. Can be the battery on the mobo? or what? thanks in advance.
P.S. The power cable is plugged, so the mobo is powered all time (red power button on)

UPDATE: I tried to reset cmos using the button on the back panel, the behaviour on the next restart is exactly the same i described, 2/3 post, then back to bios with a message informing that bios is default.