Anyone used G2260VWQ6 by AOC?

Hey…
I am looking to get a freesync monitor. So I went to AMDs website and looked at some Freesync monitors with a bit wider than usual range and low framerate compensation.
AMDs website claims AOC G2260VWQ6 have a range of 30-75hz and LFC… While some other sources claim standard 48-75Hz range and no LFC.

AMD also claims LG 22mp68vq have 40-75Hz range and an IPS panel… So I rather have that than the AOCs TN panel…

But I doubt any of those numbers. So anyone have the AOC monitor and can confirm my suspicion that it’s just another 48-75Hz monitor?

Not really an answer to your question, but why worry about if it’ll do 30 or 40 Hz?
If you’re getting that sort of low frame rates you want to address that as an issue first of all.

Because 30-75 qualifies the monitor for low framerate compensation…
Because if I crank up the details in some games it may occasionally dip around and below 40 and that’s exactly the thing Freesync is ment to deal with…
And in general - more is better, so if it have wider Freesync range I rather get that one…

Howdy Pete, this monitor has a freesync range of 48-76Hz.

2 Likes

Um… Howdy you Norwegian cowboy…
So I better get the LG … At least it’s IPS…

This one seems to only have D-SUB, DVI and HDMI connections, so 56-75Hz range.

1 Like

Different sources say 40-75…
See, this is why I’m asking for people, who actually own those…

I’m telling you what it actually is, source LG.

1 Like

Ok, so the LGs are absolutely out of the way…

Hang on I’ll find a monitor for you.

1 Like

Don’t be w.mery and offer me monitors about the price of my entire PC…

I’m looking to scrape the bottom of the barrel with 100€ monitors…
Not a 170$ one that is discounted in US…
Can we get the limitation of 22"?

The AOC on you mentioned in the OP doesn’t seem bad if you get it for a good price.
Max 22" you say?

Well, 24" are more expensive and I already have another 22" monitor I want to use as secondary and eventually replace with the 25" ultrawide that LG gives away for less than 150€ locally…
25" and up are expensive here dude…

Then pick the AOC one or one of these two, whichever gives you the best price

1 Like

Please, don’t take this the wrong way, cause I really appreciate your help, but you are giving me the basic research I’ve done some 2-3 years ago when I was first thinking about Freesync.
Now there is also this:

That is 99€, but again, IDK the range, because they don’t say,
There also is the even cheaper TN model 22MK400H-B
The AOC is 114€, but it got overal good reviews, while the Viewsonic you showed me have a lot of complaints about the picture quality.
There is also the Lenovo L22e-20, that comes uot when I look for freesync monitors, yet nowhere on the Lenovo website or WHEREVER it’s stated clearly if it have Freesync. And it’s VA… And I miss my VA…
There is such large choice and I don’t know if there is even a 22" (I may deal with 24" if it’s worth it spec wise) cheap 30-75Hz monitor (best case scenario - LFC - low framerate compensation), cause 144Hz is out of the picture completely…

I gave you the frequencies you asked for did I not?

It’s 50-75Hz over HDMI.

Nope.

2 Likes

There’s your answer tbh.

2 Likes

I do Linux KVM GPU passthrough with the AOC G2260VWQ6 & an AMD Rx 570 / AMD FX 8370.

The beta drivers on the AOC website do not give a 30hz setting - it is better to use the updated drivers from Windows Device Manager.

I have a dual boot nvme system but no longer boot into Windows 10 - the Win10 KVM VM is good enough. I play the Division Battlefield 1 / 4 / Dishonored 2 / Hitman on high with no problems. I run the VM from a small Kingston SSD & also passthrough a Hard Drive with the Steam folders.

The following settings will help for an underpowered CPU / low frame rates:

The monitor has a frequency range of 49 - 75mhz with freesync over DisplayPort only & in the Radeon settings I use:

• frame rate forced to 40fps while leaving the monitor @ 75hz (native rate)
  • override anti aliasing to x4
  • override tesselation to x8
  • use Enhanced Sync for vsync

In games:

• disable vsync (occasionally games are better with it enabled)
  • disable anti aliasing
  • use DX12 / Vulkan where possible

The only thing the monitor is missing is the ability to switch the inputs via the Linux command line using ddcutil & vfio-tools. It supports some DDC commands but not for switching the inputs.

The main trick for VM latency is to use real-time schedulers for the pinned CPU cores & iothreads in libvirt. When I have a bit more time I’ll add my vfio settings to github.

1 Like