Anyone that uses X265 is apparently a pirate

Sounds like you just need a break and to get back on your feet.

Thatā€™s been 2 years so far. My depression hasnā€™t gotten better, and what Iā€™ve done in terms of tech videos I get no praise for, just criticisms that Iā€™m wasting money and that Iā€™m not normal for running triple/quad boot.

Yeah, it got that low, that people were calling me out that triple/quad boot was for insane people.

If the only groups which exist are antagonistic to your ethos, then you should build your own space.

Iā€™ve seen your posts on Reddit, and this forum. I donā€™t think you feel like you really have a ā€˜homeā€™ somewhere.

From what I can tell you know your shit, but have undergone multiple misfortunes. And hey thatā€™s okay! Life is tough and unfair. But we get by.

Just do what you can to build a better place. That other forum sounds like a lost cause for what you want to do.

Donā€™t waste your time and effort on areas where you wonā€™t be appreciated. Try a new angle.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s more details in a reply I made to the Level1 DXVK video after watching it last night:

That what a pretty heartfelt response.

Original thread on DVinfo has since been deleted. This is the only record of what happened.

1 Like

Online arguments arenā€™t going to make it better. Could make it worse. But I donā€™t think thatā€™s what youā€™re after.

2 Likes

is really

1 Like

X265 is the best ever

This reminds me of that zen koan ā€˜is that soā€™. Which is basically what people are saying here. Stop caring about it and walk away. You donā€™t have control over them.

Thread is back up, but heavily censored.

Edit: Now each time I post, thereā€™s a gag filter to wait for a mod to approve posts. I hope the other person got the same though.

If not, thatā€™s the ā€œreport button does nothingā€ thing all over again.

Pyongyang much, anyone?

How else would you get h.265 if not by using x265, I mean what other free h.265 codecs are out there? And if a codec exists and someone can play video using it, why wouldnā€™t you use the codec?

1 Like

There are none, but this guy wanted to beat the point till the horse died that x265 and x264 are used EXCLUSIVELY by pirates, who love violating copyright by illegally torrenting Blu-ray rips.

I tried to tell him, maybe I could have watched a demo reel on a TV at Best Buy, with legal content. NOPE. He insisted that WASNā€™T HEVC but H264 and that comparing that with ANY sort of point related to ā€œProā€ HEVC is invalidā€¦

BECAUSE HE HAS EXPERIENCE IN POST PRODUCTION, AND YOU DONā€™T. AND YOUā€™RE FULL OF BULLSHIT DUE TO YOUR INEXPERIENCE.

Seriously, FUCK

1 Like

No post to the original content.

If youā€™re going to ignore the repeated suggestions to walk away from this and instead keep yelling how shitty of a time it is, I donā€™t see why we should be giving this any attention tbh. We donā€™t give a toss about some other forum, weā€™re trying to help you. Stop engaging whoever it is.

2 Likes

Well, now I canā€™t, cause my posting privileges have been limited.

I signed up on that site in 2005 because it was my springboard to the rest of my career path. Iā€™m still unemployed despite going to college for this profession.

Now seriously considering if I made the wrong career choice over 13 years.

Just back away from the internet, worry less about ā€œproving people wrongā€ or ā€œgiving them the hassle they deserveā€ and go do something actually constructive.

The internet is full of people who are wrong, if youā€™re going to try pointing that out youā€™re simply wasting your time.

And? Take a breath, walk away. You canā€™t win the internet.

Well a piece of advice. If i was a prospective employer and linked you to obsessive posting to try and prove some guy wrong on the internet, and attempting to raise the rabble to go and personally attack him over the internet, it would sway me more towards ā€œdo not hireā€ because of the potential headaches.

Step back, let him be wrong, find something more productive to do with your time.

3 Likes

Yeah, at this point, Iā€™m going to be unemployed for the rest of my life. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to find happiness anymore. Depression is just going to linger forever.

OP, seriously, you need to sort your personal life out. No one here would be willing to babysit on your life. Especially the fact that the internet is covered with life-inflicting people, itā€™s also not the ideal place to vent your troubled life in most cases. You have exhibited your troubled life here multiple time, and I have no idea why you havenā€™t taken a step in sorting it out. Anyone I see on the internet who are battling this devil are making attempts at least to take control of their life, and with success. And one of the things they did was not to listen to assholes of the internet, and thatā€™s where others have failed upon, resulting themselves losing the battle. It is a big thing over here and elsewhere; likely around your place, and there are tips you can heed, though they may not be the ultimate solution, but it is a step into a right direction.

Now I hate to say this, but you, on the other hand, are only making your health worse by bonding to various websites, blabbering on about your depression, not listening to others right to the point where they had no choice but to abandon you and repeating it elsewhere. You are free to express your feelings but as long as you do listen to what other people are saying. Just because they are different from you, doesnā€™t mean you donā€™t have to listen to them. You keep on saying negative things about yourself, it just show you just donā€™t want to take this situation seriously. I have heard you were banned on many other platforms because of your refusal to take action on your life as what others are expecting you to do the least. You definitely donā€™t want to end up getting yourself booted off that forum or even worse, here.

About the forum in question, If they are giving you a hard time, either try to make a constructive and factual comment against them or just stop from there. Donā€™t escalate the situation by continuing the discussion-to-nowhere. It only makes yourself look like a fool, and social media is no exception to this example. I have had this happened to me before and the only way I see fit is to completely avoid them. I may come back at a later date but only if the community has changed a bit in terms of audience and the community itself. Or I may never go back, depending on the state of their community.

And finally, as about you, seeing your situation is getting worse, you need to get your ass up, stop being lazy and so whiny like a junior and get some help. Again, no one here would be willing to babysit on your life. And this maybe due to most of us who arenā€™t professionally trained to give you therapy. You got to see an actual therapist. You canā€™t just sit on the internet all the time, expecting help may come by; well if there is, then thatā€™s unusual but a miracle nevertheless.

OK, thatā€™s enough from me. This topic is going nowhere properly. Iā€™m going to lay a padlock on it.

9 Likes