Anyone that uses X265 is apparently a pirate

Perhaps you should come to the realization that your experience with downloading pirated encodes of Blu-ray disc content into H.265 gives you any experience to post about the subject of the quality of the codec found in the XF705.

You hear that guys? It’s illegal to use X265 cause only pirates use X265. Also using x264 or x265 disqualifies you from being a video engineer cause you’re a pirate.

This guy works for a major post production house in Texas, his name is . He’s been shitting on “amateur” video techs because they think they’re all YouTube newbies or pirates ripping Blu-rays.

PROVE THIS FUCKER WRONG.

1 Like

I note that it’s not a denial. I don’t see any of what you’re supposedly delivering in H.265, so, by process of elimination, I come to the conclusion that your dislike of the codec stems from poor encodes you’ve downloaded.

HOLY SHIT. Is no one going to shut this fucker up? Claiming silence means people pirate, going on wild ass assumptions based on x265 and “stupid web torrents…”

FUCK OFF.

You don’t get that information from watching UHD Blu-ray demo displays at Best Buy. You get that from working with FFMPEG and x265 encoded Blu-ray rips.

FFmpeg is now illegal.

Can we kick this guy’s ass?

1 Like

Where are these quotes from?

3 Likes

I’m in the middle of a battle with a “experienced” power hungry post production person in Texas on another forum. The guy is projecting assumptions like crazy and assumes he’s right all the time.

Now he’s assuming all Demo videos pre-installed onto TVs is H264.

HOLY SHIT.

I can’t take anymore of this assumption/projection bullshit.

Maybe next time you’ll think twice when tempted to spread FUD about the codec in a professional camera system when your sole experience is demo material on a demo TV at a Best Buy.

FUCKING HELL.

Again everyone, his name is , give this guy the grief he deserves.

Sounds like a good time to just walk away from battle…

6 Likes

But he won’t stop. He will go to any length to prove someone is an amateur snob and will put people on the spot. All I can do is tell him to fuck off.

Welcome to the internet.

Walk away.

5 Likes

Then I would suggest either reporting him and leaving.

No sense is bringing that witch hunt here.

4 Likes

But he’s “trusted” and can’t be reported cause he’s a close friend of the admin…

HOLY SHIT.

Have you thought about blocking him? Finding a new forum?

Blocking apparently still allows you to see their posts. It’s an old version of vBulletin.

4 Likes

dvinfo.net/forum

Same thing happens here. If you block someone you still see their posts.

But it would totally be best to ignore the guy. If he want to ignore the truth and not wanna learn anything, that’s on him. Their is no point in wasting your energy to try and have him see the light and error of his ways.

It’s the uphill battle with experience, income and position that some of these post production people let get to their heads. This one is particularly bad.

I told people DNxHD was unstable on Blackmagic SSD recorders and he just said “This guy’s wrong, he’s an inexperienced noob who can’t prepare for anything so you should discount everything he says.”

THIS IS IN A TRUSTED FORUM. You can only register under your real name.

1 Like

So?

Listen, I’ve had a shit day. This guy won’t see reason, and there is no sense in trying to convince him. Just say your piece, and let the reader decide.

What the hell are you wanting? Him to acknowledge you or something? Let it go, man.

And if you continue to insist we go over there and witch-hunt him, then I’m going to instill/delegate disciplinary action. That will not be tolerated here.

8 Likes

This was the same guy that shat on me for having corrupt footage because the circumstances didn’t line up.

I had no money for a fresh SSD. The SSD we used couldn’t be erased (because of personal preference from the SSD’s owner) so it was fragmented, our storage solution bailed 1 week before the convention and I had to run like crazy to get things re-organized. No sympathy for all the shit I went through and he just went straight to “Yeah, you’re inexperienced. You’re spewing bullshit, get lost.”

ON TOP OF THAT, I was fired for that corrupt data and I told them (the convention) I deleted it to try to re-grab that data at a later date.

But no, the firings didn’t stop there. I was fired from everything where my skillset would be put to great use because of rumors from that one incident.

Still nobody trusts me. All I have is my tech videos and now people are saying it’s a waste of time and money, and that I should be a “normal” person and buy a “normal” PC.