Anyone play Boss Monster?

I discovered this game at the Randolph Pub Ludique in Montreal. Spankks and I had a few beers and played a few rounds. It's a pretty good game. You draw a boss card and then you build a dungeon. Your boss will have a level and some properties. As the game progresses you can upgrade the rooms, etc.

The objective is to attract heroes then steal their souls. Your dungeon has to be strong enough to kill them though. It sounds convoluted, but so does every game until you sit down and play it.

Anyway, I will be playing it more since I picked it up at Mox Boarding House in Seattle a couple weeks ago. Let me know if anyone else has tried it. Also, does anyone know games like this that are perhaps a bit crunchier?

1 Like

A couple of my buddies have this and its been a good time every time. The only other like-game that immediately comes to mind is Munchkin. Its also a good time... but every game eventually goes as such: Start, get stuff, level up, horde attack spells until someone is level 9 and destroy them when they try to win.

People have recommended Munchkin a few times but I just can not get over the artwork. There is something about it that I find very irritating. If the artwork were a person it would be a dweeb, not a nerd or geek, lol.

I just got Boss Monster a couple days ago from Mass Drop. I have not had a change to play it yet but a local shop is doing a demo of the game this Thursday.

Munchkin is a pretty good game, the arts goofy but I think it fits the theme of the game which is a parody on tabletop RPGs

Its not a serious game by any means...its a get smashed and trash your friends type game imo. If you've never seen or played it, they did an episode of it on Tabletop:

I won't object to playing munchkin, i just would prefer playing any other game i have. It's over rated.

I've seen this game so many times on Amazon, and every time I see it I want to buy it.

Not a card game but kind of in tune of boss monsterhttp://sodapopminiatures.com/game-super-dungeon-explore/ I couldn't tell you if it has the same feel as boss monster (never played it but my friend has it and some of the expansions so I'll play it with her next chance I get) but I'm sure it's right up its ally.

In super dungeon explore you have one person in charge of the dungeon and the rest play as the explores. You loot, you, level, you inevitably die. embarrassingly so. But hey, I had fun with it. Would love to so you play both this and boss monster. We need new stuff on bear games beer. Or was it beer games bear?