Anyone own a Monoprice Zero-G 1440P 100hz Ultrawide

Does anyone own a Monoprice Zero-G 1440P 100hz Ultrawide? If you do, what are your thoughts and experience with it?

They claim it has a deep implementation of freesync with an actual 30 - 100 hz range, much like Acer monitors used to (not anymore) have 3 years ago.

35", 3440x1440, 100hz, 5ms, 30-100hz freesync, 2500:1 contrast ratio, IPS/AHVA…

Their warranty claims they are guaranteeing 0 dead or stuck pixels that appear in the first year…

I am wondering what’s the catch and if @wendell is planning to review this monitor anytime soon. It’s currently selling for $499 on their website and I am really tempted to just risk buying it.

monoprice_panelmonoprice_freesyncmonoprice_coating

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=31005

Interesting that the manual says it’s FreeSync 2.0 but that’s not mentioned on the product page. I suspect it’s a typo.

At any rate, I’m betting this is the same panel as in the Massdrop Vast. It’d also be nice if it had USB, but hard to complain at this price point.

No experience though.

Cheaper monitors with good panels are often just not calibrated or properly adjusted in any way. So you could end up with some kind of tint. Other than that overdrive can fuck up movement and there are monitors that have it enabled and no way to change that.

Specs aren’t everything on monitors, try to find a really good review.
I only look at prad.de if I wanna know what a monitor is actually capable of.
(Well, German site so you won’t see monoprice stuff there. But you get the idea.)