Anyone hear about the 3rd Largest US Mortgage Company getting hacked.. and telling NO ONE!?!?!

So this Mortgage Company called “Mister Cooper’ (yes that IS their REAL name) who used to formal be 'Nation Star” was hack and now over 4 MILLION customers haven’t been able to make their payments for about a week now, and NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT - NOT EVEN 'Mister Cooper" - they won’t tell their customers ANYTHING or keep them updated…
I included a video (hopefully… it’s less than 10MB so I think it should post just fine) and this hilarious, irrate customer explains it all in a tiktok video…
Persoanlly I think it’s a BFD but no one is talking about it… If you do some simple ‘stupid guy’ math you realize that for every week the customers can’t pay that is 1 million people that could possibly lose their home (I SAID it was stupid guy math lol) - And this company wants nothing more than to take control of your home… that don’t want that month’s payment… they want to be able to take your home for non-payment and then sell it to a Chinese company that will then rent YOUR HOME back to YOU and at a HIGHER PRICE… this isn’t an exaggeration and it’s been happening
all across the country… That’s one of the reason’s the home values are SOOOOOO HIGH - so NO ONE can afford to buy the home save for these companies that buy them up and then rent them back to you - You will OWN NOTHING, and BE HAPPY!!!

allegedly it is still possible to make a payment. This attack has popped up on a couple news sites and while you do make some good points, the company is waiving late fees and doing some things to work with customers. Also, and the biggest point of concern, this is a non-bank company. Rules and regulations for them are not really in the customers favor to begin with. I do not use them and have only come across a couple articles, but i have to assume this is one of those ‘loans for people that probably shouldn’t be getting loans’ companies.

N

Not exactly. I had a solvent loan that was sold to them a year after closing on my house. I was luckily able to refinance with my actual bank within 3 months because thia company is pretty much trash. Fees, withholding last payment for over a year and then trying to keep the money because of legal stealing in Texas, and etc. If Mr. Cooper gets your loan, immediately refinance with another company l. They are trash

occasionally i forget how predatory the U.S.A. banking, loans, well might as well health care, College, credit system, all is.

questions to ask the ‘bank’ when applying for a loan:

will you be selling my loan? if yes, who are you preferred debt buyers?

do you keep and service any loans you grant? if yes, what are the qualifications?

do you only sell mortgage, auto, credit card, or personal debt?

there are other ‘good to know’ things, but this is required.

1 Like

Don’t blame China for your own mess of a legal system.

Out mortgage was sold to them earlier this year. So far no issues and they sent me an email, called, and sent a letter stating what happened and that we would receive no fee or penalties for this if our payment would be late. Also told that it should not appear on my credit report as being late either. Maybe this is regional thing for you? I’m in FL so could be a difference in state laws and regulations

2 Likes

Yep no issues auto payment made got notified

3 Likes

I appreciate you shedding light on it. It’s frustrating when companies aren’t transparent with their customers, especially regarding something as important as mortgage payments. If you’re feeling uncertain about your mortgage or want to explore your options, consider reaching out to a Mortgage Broker in Blackpool. They could offer guidance and support during uncertain times like these.