Anyone have any experience with 3.0 and 3.1 header splitters?

It seems like a pretty handy device. I have one showing up today and I will let you all know how it goes. It would be nice to have all of the usb on my front panel working.

Many of these higher end motherboards omit certain connectivity like 3.0 headers.

You can get a wire splitter variant but i figured one with a physical controller chip on it would be better than simply tyring to split the 3.0 header.

1 Like

I was thinking about getting something like this, but in my case i need to split one MB 19 pin USB 3.0 header to one 19 pin and at least one 9 pin header for usb fan controller. Since most of what i found didn’t really fit - i might as well design something custom. Maybe even as a PCI-E card of some sorts.

This device works pretty well fyi. If you can dream up a devices that fits your needs I say go for it. Thankfully what i needed in my case was this unit here.

If that custom PWM fan controller would have to be manufactured anyway - why not add other stuff that is still needed for completing the build? Though, making it truly PCI-e is a bad idea after all, since i don’t have an abundance of those.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, didn’t know hubs like that existed, got to get one myself.

I think i have the same case, motherboard and lack of usb headers as you
Only one header on the motherboard (Asus WRX90E-SAGE SE)
while the case has two for its front panel (OBSIDIAN 1000D)

I have seen simple y-split cables but my guess has always been that those only works one end at the time (meaning you can never populate all the usb ports), so i have never bothered to get one to test.
if anyone has tested any of these and know how they work please let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your exactly correct @m0rk Be careful with that hub. One of the big problems with that “hub” is It’s more of a splitter. It’s better if it has a PCB and additional chips on it to help repeat / bifurcate any USB connections. That one is going to split the bandwidth of one port into two and cause potential problems due to the lack of any additional usb controllers.

@KittyNour are you referring to the one you got or the cable i posted an image of ?

The image you posted. @m0rk

1 Like

since you literally have my case, M0rk get the exact adapter that I’ve shown here.

2 Likes