Anyone familiar with xirrus AP?

I recently bought several used xirrus ap from local, seems to be used in school. in wanted to reset one to use as a route but there is very little tutorial available online, only official manual. none of them seems to wanted to get ip from dhcp, might be fix ip setting? anyway I can’t get in to web console no matter what I tried. I was able to hook up to com port and get into cli and admin password wasn’t changed, but once did reset it lock to monitor/intruded mode and won’t give out any wifi signal.

xirrus have some over air deployment option so maybe they lock the config to serial number? anyway I just want to do a full reset, don’t know if that is possible. it is my first time touching ap stuff.

Can you take a photo of the board? If you can locate the flash chip (likely soic-8) format, ( it’s probably just 8M or 16M of spi connected nor flash) you can probably dump it using a pomona or a 3m clamp and a raspberry pi given how it has exposed 3.3V spi pins and can run flashrom.

Chances are you can probably do some root filesystem surgery from there and plug in what you want the thing to do by sticking extra stuff into a new squashfs before you flash back the image over spi and reboot

lucky 3 of them are xr4000 with usb stick as boot drive, just got in there and renamed the conf file and it works, I’ll see if I can do the same with the rest.

xn4 xn8 & xr4000