Anyone else into Practical Engineering on YT?

I’ve been watching Grady for about two years now, and while I have a basic understanding of infrastructure and how it works, he does a superb job of explaining a lot of things that most people don’t even think about, like sewage! It’s a shitty job, but…

Just a fan, promoting an educational creator that has no idea that I’m doing it. This one is his latest about renewable power and the complications of connecting it to the main power grid.

He has been on my sub list for a long time. He also has a 2nd channel Practical Construction where he has followed a few projects so you can see and get play by play narrative.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know that. I’ll definitely be checking that out. I’ve always loved architecture and almost got into the design field.

Edit: I can only find a playlist on his main channel for Practical Construction, but not a channel. Great mini-series, though. Watched those as he posted them. Good stuff.

I had also been heavily considering subscribing to Nebula, which he is on, and I’m heavily on the fence since it is still technically new but also a subscription service, and I despise the subscription model. I’m glad it seems to be growing in educational creators, but has anyone here used it? I really do want to give back to the creators that are doing educational content (I pre-ordered Grady’s book).

There is a whole stem thread of great communicators…

I also love practical engineering…

1 Like

This one?

2 Likes

I’d guess I enjoy more for the money in terms of nebula’s subscription fee than any single podcast. The creators seem to like it. I seem to like it. I hope they continue to get better.

Yes, I’ve appreciated the plastic hydrological models, but I try not to get caught infrastructure spotting.

NB nebula/invidious links to channels et al can be added to an RSS feed reader so you don’t have to check into let google know, and you can still get everything in one place.

1 Like

Nebula is 100% worth it.

Joe Scott, Practical Engineering (Construction), Mustard, Real Science, Legal Eagle, Real Engineering, Wendover, Half as Interesting, Real Life Lore, Chubbyemu, Climate Town, City Nerd, City Beautiful…

And more that I still have not found.

1 Like

Once my TV is paid off I’ll look into adding it to my monthly budget.