Any known issues with the i7-12700k?

sorry if this post is formatted wrong

does the I7-12700k have known performance issues? When i got my pc a month ago i couldn’t help but notice streamers with worse specs than me are getting 300+ fps in fortnite while i barely reach a 250 even with overclocking. (same settings). I’ve done digging in forums and i’ve noticed a lot of people with exact cpu and similar gpus have the same problem. There is also not a clear answer in the forums, does anyone know fixing tips from a similar problem. I will post an update in a few hours with my 3dmark demo, i just have to finish school. Also my temps are normal.

Specs
i7-12700k
4070ti winforce
32 gigs 3600mhz
1080p monitor

from what i can tell there might be an issue with the core scheduler where its sending stuff to the e-cores when it should be using a real core.
the current fix is disable the e-cores.

check your motherboard manufacturer for a bios update and motherboard drivers.
update both and try eneabling the e-cores again (oh and after your done doing that, run windows update they may have a fix with microcode).

install HWinfo64
check to see if all your ram timings are showing correct and not defaulting to a none xmp profile.
after that check your ram isnt defaulting to 2T in its timings.
its 3600 so should be set to 1T.

then nvidia panel and reset it to defaults.
next look at the manage 3d settings and enable things like low latency mode.
make sure set threaded optimisation to auto.

and give it another shot.
if not then look at whats running in the background that you dont need for gaming.
things like drop box and other auto start entries… (just disable them from taskmanger/startup, leaving only your nvidia panel, your av and your audio).

2 Likes

ok i’m trying all the listed troubleshooting, when i disable e-cores should i turn it back on or is it safe to leave disabled?

leave disabled for testing.

i’ve disabled all of the ecores and i see a 8-10% increase in proformance. But it’s not quite there yet. You said to go into 3d settings in nvidia control panel and turn on low latency mode and other things. can you list the other things i should have on?

Turn on Nvidia reflex+boost in Fortnite
Disable nanite virtualized geometry, use fxaa since it doesn’t present temporal artifacts
Global ilumation should be set to ambient occlusion and screen space reflections
Set frame rate to unlimited

I recommend vsync because it prevents ugly screen tearing and keeps your GPU and CPU cooler but that’s gonna limit you to your monitors max refresh rate

2 Likes

check the tab at the bottom of the nvidia panel labelled system information.
see if resizable bar is enabled. if its not then look in bios for the option to enable it

1. Enter the system’s BIOS/UEFI firmware configuration menu by pressing the DEL key during system start up. This key may vary between each system manufacturer, please check with your system manufacturer for specific instructions as necessary.
  2. Compatibility Support Module (CSM) or Legacy Mode must be disabled and UEFI boot mode must be Enabled.
  3. Ensure the following settings are set to Enabled (or Auto if the Enabled option is not present):
  • Above 4G Decoding
  • Re-Size BAR Support
  1. Use the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant (Intel DSA) to confirm that Resizable BAR is enabled on your system. <if you want, the nvidia panel tells you if its working anyway.

thanks you so much i believe it is fixed now

2 Likes

turns out it might be resizable bar thats the issue.
rather than the ecores.
try turning it off and see.
if it was always on.
enable the e-cores and see if you get a performance hit. you may even get a bump.

if this is whats happening then its a nvidia driver problem. and will vary game to game.