Any good games to play for Autumn/Halloween season?

I don’t know, maybe Left for Dead 2 might be a good variant

@TheDiddilyHorror

Yeah, PC only. I just got all three FEAR games. Good solely for Horror. But doesn’t really fit the autumn theme.

@psycho_666

Seriously, though. I played some Skyrim last night. It really never is a bad time for Skyrim. :joy: Especially this time of year.

1 Like

Still the best game of this decade.

The Spotted Wight quest from the Blood and Wine DLC is the perfect Halloween ambiance.

The DLC quest line with Gaunter O’Dimm is hands down the best in the game. Fits well for Spooktober.

Yeah… Witcher 3’s main questline was often quite fucking generic. I was uninterested about the story. Turns out the Wild Hunt are just a bunch of elves on a fucking power trip… And SIRI! All the sudden, Geralt has a kind-of daughter. Fuck off!

What I found hilarious about that game was how bland the story was, but in these little snippets; literally in side quests, parts of the main quest that are unrelated to the main story, there were far, far more interesting stories. :joy: Actually to the point where you have to question CDPR and wonder… “did all the good writing intentionally go into the game world, outside the main quest to help build it? Or was a it a joke or something?” :rofl: It left me confused and laughing a LOT after playing the game. Blood and Wine was essentially the medieval fantasy equivalent of the modern day scenario of “the bitch gets half of everything”. Nothing impressive. Other than the setting. Almost forgot to mention a specific side quest. Skellige’s Most Wanted. Awesome quest. And I wish there was more creativity like this. A band of different monsters? How awesome?! :joy:

Hearts of Stone was just outright FUCKING N-A-S-T-Y. Again, comparatively a “smaller” DLC than Blood and Wine. And just so so much better in terms of writing. And that ending? Talk about poetic. Olgierd giving Geralt “Iris”. What a phenomenal small touch. And Gaunter O’Dimm was just simply an evil motherfucker. I also count him as a better bad guy than any single character in there. Including the guy who leads the Wild Cunt… I mean Hunt. Forgot his name. Go figure. :joy:

And the punch-line? According to CDPR The Witcher is “over”… lol much? Take what was so defined and great about 3 and build on that. The ambiance of the woods where the tree spirit is, is just phenomenal. Forgot the name. It’s been a while. Also, the swamp from Witcher 1 is nasty, too. Love the atmosphere. That game needs more love. It’s my favourite part of W1.

As for other games, i’m kind of clueless as to what I should play. Went back to my secondary character on Skyrim. Still plenty to do there.

1 Like

How about Prey 2017?

Why: Prey 2017 really should be called Neroshock. It is very influenced by System Shock 2. It sets a great suspense tone from the start. The enemies are creepy Mimics can be coffee cups. Has a good pacing for the story and you have choice for how the game ends for you. It is an excellent game to play during the horror scene.

Looking for something more recent and just as pretty looking as Resident Evil 2 remake in graphics department?
May I suggest Control?:

Why: This game is steeped in the classic suspense horror undertone. If your a fan of Remedy this is by far there best game and a love letter to their fans. Solid story. Plenty to do. There is a small learning cover with the combat but they game has added a lot of quality life features: more save points, tweaking combat, etc. The combat is very satisfying to do once you get the hang of it. If you have the setup for Ray Tracing, this game is stunning on my RTX 2080ti.

Those are my recommendations. Also both these games are also on GOG if you prefer getting your games from there.

2 Likes