Any good games to play for Autumn/Halloween season?

Not necessarily Horror games. I especially love that dark, macabre fantasy stuff. Witcher 1 and 3. Nice and gritty. I want more games like that to play for the Fall season. I played RE2 Remake last year and fucking loves all 4 of my playthroughs. Good game. Really good. Just wish it was a little longer.

Any suggestions? I just bought FEAR2. Trying to track down FEAR 1.

1 Like

Cryostasis.
Metro 2033. The first one, not the Redux version. The old one have much better atmosphere.
Dead Space 1.
Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (Only play that one on master difficulty), if you can live with an older game. Otherwise go for Stalker: Anomaly. It’s free.
Condemned, the first one.

1 Like

Firewatch
Magicka 2
Hatered
The solus project
Grounded

No dark fantasy games that fit the bill?

Love this game. It’s great with friends or solo; and you can play it as a simple survival game or follow clues around the world to figure out what happened to the plane you crashed on. Great atmosphere and genuinely pretty spooky!

Yeah, always wanted to play it. And I always wished there was a game like this; basically Minecraft but realistic. But hold on, there’s multiplayer?

Costume Quest 1+2
Dead Rising
Dead Space
Alan Wake
Darksiders
Pinstripe
Resident Evil
Yomawari
Devil May Cry
Red Bow
Diablo 3
Deadly Premonition

Darkwood – I think you would really like this. H.P. Lovecraft-esque and survival.

Grim Dawn – Dark, gritty, action RPG. Post-apocalyptic setting.

Tyranny – A game with a legitimate evil alignment playthrough. You aren’t punished for going lawful evil or chaotic evil, as you would in Pillars of Eternity or Baldur’s Gate.

Bloodborne – Not on PC, unfortunately. Very intense, great lore (probably the best out of all the SoulsBorne games). Awesome twist at around 2/3 of the game.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning – Just released. A reboot of the original with pending DLC/Expansion pack. If you missed it the first time around I wholeheartedly recommend.

And if you didn’t, there’s a hefty discount for those who already have it in their Steam library.

1 Like

MFW I bought it through retail store and activated via EA Origin

2 Likes

I really liked playing Wither 3 in the fall. Damn, it was good. Especiallythe quest with the spirit in the tree…

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! :heart_eyes:

Yup, it adds a lot imo too. My first full playthrough of the story I did with a group of friends, we ended up staying up til 3am to finish it because we were so invested haha.

I highly recommended Devil May Cry 5, it is the action game that all action games want to be. Amazing graphics, a deep and endless combat system, a story that serves as a great conclusion for a series that has been around for nearly 20 years

I dont know how DMC5 fits. It’s macabre…ish. Great action game. I have great memories of DMC1-3. Never played 4 since I never found a physical copy on PC. Idk when i’ll play it. Just a hack and slash action game, though. I don’t see how it fits the bill here. And I never heard of it being the last game? :thinking:

I hope not!

Any other suggestions? I’m also looking for a craft, creative game like Minecraft, except more realistic.

I’ll second Firewatch!
I played that all the way through in a day it was so engrossing.

Skyrim… Great to play at any time…

2 Likes

I like to play the first fable every year in the fall. I haven’t been the last few years, but its something I think I’ll pick up again this year. Highly reccomend.

@psycho_666

Not inaccurate :smile:

I would love to play Fable. Never did. Always wanted to. But if anyone here knows me, they know i’m a freakazoid weirdo who needs his physical games. If they release a compilation some time, i will definitely be buying it. I always knew it was a good game. Some kids from elementary school played it when it came out on the Xbox. It looked really amazing back then and still looks like a lot of fun.

1 Like

Definitely try to find FEAR, it’s one of my favourite horror stories and Alma Wade is such a good monster.

The gameplay is better in FEAR 2, I think it blends the horror and action better than the first one does but I still prefer the original.

If we’re not limiting this to PC only, then the Playstation’s Medievil games fit this theme too.