Any good games on Android?

I’m so bored on Android. Ive tried games like candy crush and I wasn’t addicted to it at all. Actually I hate games like candy crush because I miss the time on old phones when you could how I say play “infinitely” aka no levels and paying for stuff. Are there any games on Android that are free and without micro transactions and actually worth my time.

Could look for some good games myself too, almost never find anything of interest for me.

Badland is fun in its simplicity, also The Guides if you’re into puzzles.

still got this bad boy on my Google account

3 Likes

Hearthstone comes to mind.

1 Like

This came up a long time ago but my games list there still stands, I have not expanded it though as I don’t have the time for mobile, or any really, game right now.

They were not all free games but quality ones.

Hmmm the post is so old it links to the old forums and is broken. Got the preview though so edited a list.

Play Store Games:
Light Puzzle - Lux Protocol (made by someone round here, sorry I forgot who, and their friend)
NetHack
StarDawn
Shattered Pixel Dungeon
Dash Tap
Fuhrer In LA
KAVINSKY
Flop Rocket
Smash Hit (all ready mentioned a few times)
Particle Arcade Shooter (I really love this game super amazeball if you have a controller too)
Hopeless: The Dark Cave
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Hero Academy
Desert Bus (Yes that desert bus)
Quit Your Cubicles (Better on a tablet and you need friends)
S.M.T.H. (Stands for Send Me To Heaven, I take zero responsibility if you break you phone)
Plants vs. Zombies
Carmageddon (again wonderful with a controller)
Fieldrunners 2
Mini Motor Racing
Globulous
Radiant Defense (I am against IAPs but this game is seriously worth it)
Traffic Wonder HD
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Cube Runner

Humble Bundle Games:
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (Force = Mass x Acceleration)
Anomaly 2 Anomaly Warzone Earth: Mobile Campaign
Avadon: The Black Fortress (really needs a tablet but it runs with a good DPI messing about on my note 2)
BIT.TRIP BEAT
Bad Hotel
Beat Hazard Ultra (Controller is very handy here)
Canabalt
Cogs
Crayon Physics Deluxe (The stylus on the note is great for this game)
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Dynamite Jack
Edge
Edge Extended
Fieldrunners
Gemini Rue
Jack Lumber
NightSky (I really enjoy this game)
Osmos (Playing this on a tablet is better but they made a mobile version too)
Smuggle Truck
Snuggle Truck (The levels are a bit different)
Solar 2 (Really fun)
SpaceChem
Spirits
Splice
Super Hexagon (You will tear your hair out but it is great)
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Swords & Soldiers HD
The Bard’s Tale
Toki Tori
Uplink (Needs a tablet)
World Of Goo
Zen Bound 2 (Very relaxing)

He said good games…

Anyways, since @Zibob pretty much gave you a list of all android games I’m gonna give you a short selection:
Look your loot - fun little card game dungeon crawler
The night of the fool moon - fun little fairytale based card game
Collosatron - it’s basically a color matching game where you play a giant snake from space destroying the earth
Adventure Express - it’s a color matching adventure game where you are a mail man
One finger death punch - just play it…
Vector - free running parkour game
Plague Inc - you literally play sickness killing humanity.
Good Knight Story - match 3 adventure where you are a knight, just play it, the humour is top notch…

1 Like

Just cause you’re bad at it doesn’t mean it’s bad :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s not on mobile

Hearthstone is available for PC, Android and iOS.

I was jokingly referring to Just Cause not being on mobile :wink:
I’m being facetious, Hearthstone is a game people enjoy. I really don’t like CCGs, although I like card games. I just don’t like that game…

I think there are a bunch of emulators that run on Android, NES/SNES/etc. if you are into that sort of things.

There definitely are, all the way up to and past the PSP and DS. There is even a Dreamcast in there though it has been a long time since I used it so no idea if it got better.

I wonder is there is a PS2 emulator now worth looking at.

Q: why you do expect something “Free” and without micro-transactions to be worth your time, when you’re not expecting such a product to be worth the developer’s time?

I don’t really know of any completely free games with no micro-transactions and no ads.

DEEMO is a lot of fun though, if you’re into rhythm games. The company that makes it (Rayark) has a few other rhythm games, but I like the simplicity of DEEMO. Most of their music is piano-based instead of super fast electronic stuff, but there are some really fast-paced songs.

Playing through the main story is completely free with no ads. You can buy new albums if you want to add more music to your collection, but it’s not necessary.

there are some out there but its like digging through a pile of crap for a mcdonalds meal.

Best to install fdroid and check those games out. Theres some gems on there.

Yup, tried this one before and it’s interesting enough to play for weeks.

Ya I played for like at least an hour every night until I beat it. And after that I bought a few albums because I thought it was worth it because it’s legitimately a good game, and I kept playing. Hell, even the story is good. It’s really simple, but it got me.

There aren’t any other mobile games I can say that about. Most of them I play for a few minutes and then get annoyed for various reasons, but I started DEEMO in like 2014 and I still play it every once in a while.

Seems like you got really hooked! Wow, since 2014?! Cool.

I usually play nonstop for weeks then delete the games.

This. I don’t game on my phone. Never liked it. But I found TowerJumper on fdroid, and it is so addicting. I don’t know what it is about it, but I can play that forever.

Battle cats has 100s of levels and is completely playable without purchasing in game currency. They actually give it to you as a reward regularly and the game doesn’t require it to win.